How many ex-jws poster here now believe in Hellfire, immortality of soul, trinity, etc;

by booker-t 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Watchtower is likely more right than most on these doctrines.

However there is an underlying hidden apostate message in the elusive pursuit of "perfect doctrine" by means of "doctrinal dissection". The false anti-Christ message is that we are put right with God based on finding and following the correct doctrine/s.

By extension we should coerce, condemn and "kill" any who do not believe EXACTLY what we believe - even if we flip-flop.

The results (fruits) speak for themselves. Supremacist self-righteousness and ignorance of the unabridged "good news" about God's undeserved kindness (aka the "gospel of grace"). And also a desperate need to cover up crimes, shield perpetrators, and denounce and ostracise victims.

Neither Paul nor Jesus were preoccupied with these doctrines. Their preoccupation was with the full "good news" which includes God IMPUTING a right, clean, sinless, perfect and familial standing to ANYONE willing to receive these priceless, generous and FREE GIFTS.

It is no accident that Watchtower religionists are ignorant of the "good news" or gospel according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms! Consider also that more than half the Bible's roughly 152 references to the "good news" are by Paul! The blind leading the blind indeed.

• pbrow
    pbrow

What is so difficult for me to understand is how anyone can think a book.... initially written by man in a forgotten language copied over and over and over and over and over and over and over again..... can have any credibility with people describing thoughts that were written 2000 years ago. If the bible was only a second edition reprint, maybe... maybe some of the original concepts would have survived.

Booker.... If you make a judgement on "god" by implying that he is not all loving if he allows hellfire or whatever doctrine you are looking at, then how can I not judge "god" by how he can hold anyone accountable for beliefs or concepts that have been passed down by litterally making copies of copies of copies of copies of copies? We really have no clue what the "bible" says..... or more appropriately what the bible said.

Maybe god really does hate fags or he really does want to burn people forever but if their really is a god I cannot think of a worse way to relay what he wants us all to do than by giving it to some female hating arabs over 2000 years ago, allowing the original to be misplaced and then have a bunch of control freak, power hungry morons copying its copies ad nauseum until our present day.

pbrow

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Hell-Fire: No, it goes against the concept of Love.

Trinity: No

I.M. Soul No

I am a theist, St. Augustine's basic argument of "good", along with all the beauty in life, is enough for me to believe in a creator who cares.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

If you believe in a traditional Greek concept of hell and Tartarus and Gehenna and sinners on the grill as taught by the Greeks and adopted by the Pharisees and echoed in the New Testament, stay away from me, because you're REALLY SCARY.

Do you believe in Zombies and leprechauns, too? Likely.

Sky-daddies and SUPER-daddies are quite the rage now. "viral." I think society is resembling a Marvel comicbook.

And YES, the Bible you read contains that very teaching. Another TOTAL LIE of the WT. Just like a "rotating Governing Body." Where in the world did Ray Franz ever come up with that out of history? Poor scholarship. Knorr and Freddy were actually right on that note, but still sickos.

Only one man can rule the roost. It's human nature, and is why the WT is doomed ever since the death of Knorr.

If you don't agree on the hell thing, debate my tome linked above.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Additionally, about 96% of you apparently know virtually nothing about the trinity doctrine. Study a little theology, my God!

The whole Christian experience STARTED with the worship of Christ and the touch of the Holy Spirit. Read Acts.

Anything else was "heresy."

That means 96% of you might go to hell! LOL

I'll get the charcoal and margaritas ready.

• Room 215
    Room 215

" However there is an underlying hidden apostate message in the elusive pursuit of "perfect doctrine" by means of "doctrinal dissection". The false anti-Christ message is that we are put right with God based on finding and following the correct doctrine/s."

Bravo! Well said, Fernando (better than I ever could).....

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

God wouldn't be so cruel as to make hellfire.

Except, I've read the old testiment. He was cruel many times in there, so why not again?

• Sulla
    Sulla

The short answer is, yes, I accept all three. The longer answer is that we are probably talking about very different concepts when we use these terms.

if it is possible to abstract from the more fantastic depictions of, say, Bosch and interpret these as true in the same way, say, Picasso's portrait of Dora Maar is true then we can begin to think of what is meant by Hell.

What we find is that Hell is primarly the complete choice against God, the one who is and who is love. If you accept that human beings are things that find their true purpose in love and in being, then the choice against these things is profoundly mutilated. Like a lion that chooses not to hunt. Such a person has chosen not to have a complete existence.

You can't be right this way. This is Hell. I believe that this choice exists and that, therefore, the state exists. It might as well be depicted by Bosch or scenes from the movie "Jacob's Ladder," or any number of ways because the truth of it can be captured that way.

If you believe in choice and you believe in God, then you believe in Hell.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Hmmm. I am not an ex JW, but I am a bible believer.

First off- Jesus spoke more of hell then he did of heaven. He warned of an eternal hell. Remember the parable that the kingdom of heaven is like a king who settles accounts with his servants. He first deals with a man who owes him 10,000 talents and was unable to pay. When the man could not pay the master declared that he and his family would be sold off as slaves to repay the debt. The servant begged the king for mercy. The king felt pity and cancelled the debt out of his mercy only. Then the forgiven servant found another that owed him 10 talents and demanded to be paid. The other servant could not pay and the servant who had received mercy threw the other servant in jail. When the king heard about the servant that he'd forgiven he was angered. The king called the servant 'wicked'. The king seaid 'I cancelled all your debt because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?

Jesus ended the parable saying that 'In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he shgould pay back all that he owed. This is how the heavenly father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart'

See? Jesus says that the father will treat the unmerciful harshly.

just saying,

respectfully,

dc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit