How many ex-jws poster here now believe in Hellfire, immortality of soul, trinity, etc;

by booker-t 70 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I am just curious about this because although I agree with many of the posters here that the WT society is guilty of many horrible deeds, I still believe they are right when it comes to doctrinal things as I mention. Especially hellfire. I just don't see how anybody that has studied the bible for many years like many of the ex-jws here can make an about face and go back to believing hellfire. I think many ex-jws want to totally distance themselves away from the WT and what better way then to believe in a doctrine the jws hold in contempt. The problem with this for ex-jws is that you are not hurting the JWs you are only hurting yourselves because it amounts to Blasphemy against Jehovah and Jesus to label them with the most horrendous, cruelity a person can afflict on another. People thought Hiltler was a monster for putting Jewish people in the ovens but at the same time they want to Blaspheme Jehovah and Jesus by teaching they will torture and burn people forever and ever. I just cannot see how any ex-jws or born again christian can continuosly teach a lie about Jehovah and Jesus. Jehovah and Jesus is the symbol of unconditional love and yet we are to believe the bible is hidding their other personality of torture. Are ex-jws and born agains teaching that Jehovah and Jesus have dual personalities? I just don't get it. And before ex-jws scream and shout I am brainwashed by the WT I have been out for years so please hold the label before you know all of the facts. I think it is all so sad. I love the fact that I can be out of the WT and still believe in the Bible for what it says and not what the WT did or did not do. Throwing the baby out with the bath water is how I see this problem. The bible I believe is truth man is the problem not Jehovah and Jesus.

• cofty
    cofty

The bible I believe is truth

What is it in particular that convinces you?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    an about face and go back to believing hellfire

There is no 'about face' for born ins & probably for many that were recruited as well.

Once you realise you are/were in a cult, you should get yourself some critical thinking skills before you go looking for an alternative belief system. Lets face it, any claim to have great critical thinking skills, by a recent cult member, isn't exactly backed up by the evidence.

Why choose the Bible as a guide anyway? Your being born into a particular religious culture doesn't automatically endow it with God's blessing. Would you choose the Bible if Mum wore a burka?

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Personally, I have gone the other way, close to agnostic I suppose.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I don't believe in hellfire. I just don't think it makes sense. It would take a diabolical GOD or person to punish anyone by burning them forever. I am not sure about the Trinity, I don't think I belive it. I am thinking that I don't believe in the Flood or the creation account because I ask myself, "How would anyone know how it all happend?" I think the writers just guessed that maybe that is what happened. I have also always had problems with Noah living for so long and just having three sons and those sons had no children. It does not ring true to me.

• yknot
    yknot

Not me....(granted I am not an 'ex'-- rather conscious class)

• inkling
    inkling

The witnesses make a big deal about thier "merciful and loving" interpretation of hell, but how many modern religions actually believe in a literal hell? Any besides hardcore Conservative baptist/protestant/evangelical?

[inkling]

• Twitch
    Twitch

OP

This is all a dream. Everthing you think you know may be incorrect. You may then realize that this never changes

Then again maybe not.

As for immortality, everything that has a beginning has an end.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hellfire was invednted long before the New Testament by leaders seeking control. It is not in the Old Testament. The New Testament writers bought into it, as did the Pharisees, etc. Jesus even used it to scare people.

http://www.randallwatters.org/hellcomp.htm

Randy

• dingo1
    dingo1

i belive in all three. hellfire is similar to a bonfire with the difference being too much gasoline and 2 thirty packs of busch light the proof is in the missing eyebrows. immortality of soul... aretha franklin and james brown, enough said. and the holy trinity well dont get me started on fairy tales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit