Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

hey enough with the jokes. it isn't appropriate here so stay on topic please.

Exactly, idiots like Outlaw are making a serious subject look foolish with stupid pictures, pathetic comments etc.

LL, I remember the furore about the list and the silentlambs stuff (overly emotive name if you ask me). I was still in JW in 2002 when the panorama documentary came out and every JW I knew was disgusted though suspicious of the figures give. Every JW I knew would hold no truck in just allowing elders to handle abuse cases, they would go straight to the police (rightly so obviously). I have no reason to doubt that. Even elders were saying they were not qualified to deal with abuse cases and would gladly go straight to the police.

I still believe that despite an "official policy" all JWs would include the law in any of these disgusting cases.

It just seems an obsession for some to suggest there are problems where really there arent any. Paedophile paradise? definitely not.

• jemba
    jemba

A 'sister' I grew up with was caught a few years ago by her 'worldly' husband sexually abusing her two sons.

The police found images of her little boys in graphic sexual scenes all over the internet. Luckily the kids were given full time to the father and she did a short stint in prison.

Unfortunately her best friend is my sister in law who is also a sexual predator - also raised a JW. My JW in laws have all rallied around my sis in law and her pedophile husband and wont believe that she is a pedophile even though she was arrested. So guess who gets to prowl around the assemblies checking out little boys? (Dont think she goes to meetings, just a few conventions to keep the mother happy)

How often do the witlesses look at women as pedophiles?

There is so much more info they could be putting in these stupid publications that the JWs hang on every word of.

The strongest most violent hate I have in my heart is for pedophiles, no kind of torture or violent painful death could ever be enough to satisfy my hate.

I havent even been abused, so I cant even imagine the pain of those poor victims. Especially when the stupid GB protect the scum.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

It is incomplete because it does not address the full range of sexual abuses that a perpetrator can use on his or her victims. I guess you missed my response earlier where I said.

Oh, I didn't miss your earlier response/s, but the arguments were so beyond the subject matter of this thread I decided not to comment on them. I was being kind because you are so emotionally invested in the subject. Nevertheless, as you are aware, or should be aware, the book was written for parents to use to start discussions with children. These "stories" were never meant to be, or promoted as, an exhaustive treatise on each subject.

However, what I think is interesting is how you have resorted to such a nasty tone just because I disagree with you on this one article, while I have been very respectful towards you. That's very unseemly behavior LL.

Do I really need to educate you on the nature of sexual abuse and what it is?

LOL! Too late! Someone else already 'educated me.' I am a survivor--not a victim--of childhood sexual abuse by a presiding overseer (I know that's the old term). That is why I was glad when this book came out and why I repeatedly reviewed this information with my daughters.

You simply made the fatal error of childishly assuming that I was unfamiliar with the subject merely because I disagreed with you.

I must say, how you have handled yourself on this thread has caused me to lose a great amount of respect for you LL. Clearly, you lack the ability to have a reasoned discussion regarding child abuse.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well "reason" was working.

Over the last few days I have posted on 3 threads all about sexual abuse. JW apologists or walk-away believers seem to have the hardest time grasping that the WTS does not handle this properly.

You can't possibly know how the elders handle this unless you are sitting inthe room with them when they are meeting with those accused of child sexual abuse. You will never know how many are sitting next to you or behind you at the hall or across the aisle or are offering to walk your child for you at the back of the hall or in the parents room if they have one.

They are swept under the carpet and remain hidden from the people that need to know - parents.

A few years ago a JW was accused of sexual abuse. He was arrested and it hit the papers. The JW response? They simply moved him to another hall. So much for getting what is abhorrent and unclean out of the cong. I sat outside that hall before a meeting one day and watched as numerous families with young children went in for the meeting. Presumably many had read the newspapers or saw it on TV. But since the elders had not taken any reasonable action to get the unclean thing out of the cong and simply moved him to another one they believed the allegations were false. Therefore they had nothing to worry about.

This is dangerous. my gawd they will throw someone out for smoking but keep the sexual abusers.

And unsuspecting JWs won't have a clue because they trust that the WTS' policy works.

• designs
    designs

As a child who was abused and threatened by the adult neighbor with being beaten if I told anyone you are scared shitless and that takes it toll on your life.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Over the last few days I have posted on 3 threads all about sexual abuse. JW apologists or walk-away believers seem to have the hardest time grasping that the WTS does not handle this properly.

You can't possibly know how the elders handle this unless you are sitting inthe room with them when they are meeting with those accused of child sexual abuse. You will never know how many are sitting next to you or behind you at the hall or across the aisle or are offering to walk your child for you at the back of the hall or in the parents room if they have one.

So, you have been in on all these meetings with abusers all around the world? Im afraid that is a totally sweeping statement.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I don't need to hear abusers deny what they did.

I listen to other victims

should I have said?

You can't possibly know how the elders handle this in your congregation unless you are sitting in the room with them when they are meeting with those accused of child sexual abuse.

You are grasping at straws and when we get frustrated with your nonsense you divert the point and pick out the straw instead of dealign with the rafter in your eye

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

You are grasping at straws and when we get frustrated with your nonsense you divert the point and pick out the straw instead of dealign with the rafter in your eye

Sigh, you really dont grasp it do you. "We get frustrated". Easy to just run with the rabble eh. Its not grasping at straws, I only ever had contact with a few local congregations, of course my assumptions are based on that experience. Im assuming you are the same, but yet you make assumptions against an entire worldwide organization. Let me spell it for you, there is no paedophile paradise, the JW policies of abuse will always include the law as far as I am concerned. Yes, bad people will always exist in a group of about 6 million people. Every single witness I ever knew in 30 years would have no problem at all in turning over an abuser to the police.

Off you go and accuse me of being a JW sympathiser, it means nothing to me.

Maybe creating a fictional problem keeps certain people in business and makes them feel important.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    there is no paedophile paradise

How's that ignorance feel? Like bliss perhaps?

-Sab

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What if they are wrong?

What if you are wrong about them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit