Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL

You Honestly hold value in anything the WTS writes ?????

Why on earth do you think they now have two separate editions of the WT ???

Because the public Edition is just a lure, there's no value in it

It don't mean a thing

• vanyell
    vanyell

In the first place, the child is already being abused even before they get to read/understand that sort of idiotic article. More often than not, the child is already on a slippery slope to being a suppressed, frightened, fearful kid. How do can we possibly expect them to voice out their objections when in reality, the more the child objects, the higher the probabilty the child will get more abused. It is the responsbility of ANY adult to take note of the possible abuse of the child, and bring it to the attention to the proper secular authorities and the congregation.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Here LITS:

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"When your parents warn you about people or places that could be a danger to you, you need to listen to them."

And as LITS has related regarding her own experience what if it's your own parents who are a danger to you. I don't see any Plan B suggested in the Lesson.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Ann & Vanyell

Just like Vanyell stated, most of the times the abuse has already happened

that child is defenseless against that man

Folks need to step correct when defendin' the WTS , in any way , form or fashion

• baltar447
    baltar447

Of course kids should be educated on protecting themselves, but that picture is just ridiculous and creepy.

Anyone remember the time Peter Parker/Spiderman told the story of how he was molested?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df84K9DfWsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fZ-GHlP5uM&feature=relmfu

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What does that have to do with the quote s/he posted? Nothing. The quote s/he posted was one of the more valuable things the WTBTS has ever written.

Justitia, as a woman of law you should see a liability dodge when it's put before you. LITS' is right the WT is essentially putting the blame on little children who do not report their abusers. Psychological manipulation neutralizes this defense against pedophilia. The Watchtower is just printing this to put responsibility on the child's shoulders rather than their own. No blame should go on the child, ever. I understand that child education is important, but it's a very weak line of defense against predators. They need further protection.

-Sab

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Sorry, but im struggling to see what is wrong with the advice given?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ expects a Child to handle an Adult Problem..

Which works out well for an organization that hides Child Molestors..

After losing a 28 million dollar Child Molestation law suit..

And..

Scores of settlements resulting from Child Molestation in the WBT$..

No sane person would accept advice from an Organization as Corrupt as the WBT$..

The WBT$ Should..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• sd-7
    sd-7

It is good advice to tell the child to speak out and tell on his or her abuser. I'm sure no one disputes that. I think maybe the problem is with how the advice is phrased; you could say that what it DOES say is as important as what it DOESN'T say.

First, the emphasis is that the child should protect themselves. Well, that's all well and good, but these kinds of kids are being trained (as evidenced by the new video) to be OBEDIENT above all else. To trust God's servants, as 'My Book of Bible Stories' says, and not speak against them. Is a child with that mindset going to feel comfortable telling on one of 'God's servants'? And who should they tell? This chapter doesn't go into any details. What if it's a parent? Do they tell the elders? The police? What if it's an elder? What do they do then? For a child who may already feel ashamed, this would be a very confusing messsage for them, in the end. I would say there's a gap in the logic and the discussion here that needs to be filled in, but the Society fails to do that. It's just enough to wash their hands of the problem, but not enough to imply that this is a problem in the congregation or that this can or should go beyond being handled in-house.

I think if it said, 'Tell a parent, tell a policeman, and do it right away', that might have been more helpful; maybe even adding something more on what the parents should do in that situation might help too. I may be wrong. I just think, while this is revolutionary from a JW's perspective, in reality it's just not far enough.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit