Should we still be angry with the Watchtower? Should we "forgive" the WT?

by Iamallcool 44 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

When I was a" captive" under the influence of watchtower thinking I hated the clergy of christendom because I beleived they knew they were teaching religous error.

The majority of mainstream religions ,regardless of whether they have "truth" do a lot of humanitarium work for the people.I have learnt to respect these people ,though I`m not a beleiver.

The Governing body of Jehovah`s Witnesses are parasites in the community sucking the lifeblood out of their members ,making millions of $$$ and giving nothing back to the community.

Should I be angry with the Watchtower ? YES. Should I forgive them ? BLOODY HELL NO.

smiddy

• tec
    tec

I cannot add much more than Justmom. (peace to you)

We should forgive if we want to be forgiven. Forgiveness heals... first it heals you by freeing you from the burden of anger; and second it heals those who you give it to, though perhaps not until they are ready to accept it. Forgiving someone does not mean that you approve of what they do, or did.

Not the WTS though.. that is just a nameless, faceless corporation. (and the GB are not the face of the WTS... they are just seven (?) old men, with no power other than what people give to them) The corporation means nothing. It is the people within that mean something.

Peace,

tammy

• nugget
    nugget

I have found that in order to have a degree of inner calm I have had to make peace with my past. I forgive the individuals who applied counsel they received and caused me mental distress. I forgive the people who feel that they have to follow a cruel and faithless religion. However I do not feel that those who make the rules with the sole purpose of protecting their interests and to maintain control deserve forgiveness. They are still causing harm and still hurting people. The important thing is not wasting energy on pointless hate but putting that energy into making my families life better.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Screw the Watch Tower Society! May it's leaders and lawyers, who persist knowing it's a lie, die painfully and slowly!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

According to WT teachings, forgiveness is to be given to REPENTANT ones. Since the WT never, ever admits fault they are--by their own standards--unworthy of forgiveness.

However, it is in our personal interest to forgive. To hold animosity keeps us emotionally bound to them.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I see nothing wrong with still being angry at the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, they are a corporation, they as a whole should be brought to justice for the policies that they do not have to protect its members and children.

I am not angry at the individuals, or as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society says, it's rank and file members.

• Bella15
    Bella15

The WATCHTOWER is not the your group of fellow Christians at the kingdom hall ... The Watchtower is a CORPORATION that has made lots of money for their owners/shareholders hiden under those non-profits Watchtower CORPORATIONS ...

GOD does not "forgive" what that CORPORATION is doing ... UNLESS individuals REPENT of their own actions in light of getting the revelation of who JESUS is, in light of accepting JESUS as The Messiah, our Lord and Saviour, then YES by all means they become real Christians brothers and sisters, but THE CORPORATION and people leading it ...

I am not mad at my JW family, or other JWs I know, I am mad at the CORPORATION composed of who know what families, crooked executives, lawyers, accountants, financiers, etc etc etc

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Let's look at it from the other side. If YOU foul up, do they 'forgive' you? No - they would probably 'disfellowship' your hind end and kick you to the curb.

So... with that in mind, would I forgive them?

Heck no!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Have they stopped doing what they are doing?

Have they shown remorse?

• SweetBabyCheezits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit