Should we still be angry with the Watchtower? Should we "forgive" the WT?

by Iamallcool 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you want to move on, consider forgiving the mind-controlled people who are victims of the Watchtower.

"Love them and release them" doesn't work for a corporation.

If you got fat eating junkfood, would you love and release the McDonald's corporation?

So, I have turned all my anger away from the people- even the ass of a C.O. I dealt with. (I know, it doesn't sound like I stopped being angry with him, but I truly see him as another victim.) Maybe the only exceptions are C.T. Russell and Joseph Rutherford, but they are the very symbol of the birth of the corporation that takes the brunt of my anger today.

• lovesholiday
    lovesholiday

I can give you 28 million reasons why they should not be forgiven

• cedars
    cedars

I absolutely detest the organization itself, but I bear no malice towards the individuals, who are only victims at the end of the day - just as I was (and still am, in many ways).

In my darker moments I occasionally think of one or two horrid individuals and think they deserve to be wasting their lives, but on the whole I wish only the best for JWs individually. If I could simultaneously free everybody from the cult, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Cedars

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have concluded that the Christian concept of forgiveness is stunted. I prefer the Jewish version, which requires remorse from the perpetrator, and recompense.

http://www.crosscurrents.org/blumenthal.htm

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I feel no resentment toward individual JWs...but I can't drive past a Kingdom Hall without feeling the urge to give a one finger salute. I drove by the local arena on Friday at lunch time and saw a crowd o JWs and I thought to myself that I could never put up with spending 3 valuable days sitting inside to listen to the same bullshit I heard the year before. I hate everything JWs represent but I have no hate for the individuals who are just victims of a cult as I was. I stay away from them because I don't want to give them false hope that soon I would return. I hope that the WTS gets what is coming to them...they announce judgements for the false religion but they are now as guilty and deserving of the same fate.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why should they be forgiven? That would only give them the opportunity to ruin another generation of children's lives, not to mention showing other new cults that such will go unpunished. They need to be punished with severity, not forgiven. The same goes for those who acted mean-spirited toward us.

• Terry
    Terry

If I were convincing you to invest your life savings in a guranteed investment based on "insider" information that made the payoff a sure thing

and YOU ACTED to seize the opportunity---nobody would blame you for taking the plunge.

If I assured you....reassured you....repeatedly that the payoff and reward was "any day now" you might well hang in there for a long time.

But, at a certain point, your patience and trust would wear thin and a serious request for PROOF of legitimacy would hang heavy in the air.

Again and again your resources for other things would be compromised and unavailable.

At the end of your life when you need it the most you'd be no better off (worse) than when you started.

It would be at this crossroads the real issue would become clear.

You look at me (your financial advisor) and see how well I'm doing enjoying YOUR money while you have nothing but promises and hope.

I flash a confident grin and tell you "Hang in there!"

Would you forgive me for not admitting the only reward that exists is illusory for you?

Forgiveness is a free ride at somebody's expense. Can you afford to give me such a free ride?

Bernie Madoff had everybody's confidence because he lived a life of wealth and had plenty of important people believing in him.

In the end, those people did not forgive him. They put him in prison. Very little remained of their investment to divide up.

The Watchtower has had about 100 years to show a return on investment and has come up short again and again while the corporation lives fat and

smug clinging to its Billions.

The Pyramid scheme goes on with the help of "word of mouth" confidence game enthusiasm peddled door to door by millions of empty-handed, true-believing investors waiting for the payday that never comes.

Who benefits? The corporation.

It is time for an accounting.

Long overdue.

Forgiveness is only permission for the Watchtower to continue to bilk more and more unwitting victims.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I agree we are dealing with victims hurting victims. Some of the company men feel it is there duty to uphold a certain standard with little tolerance. Some of these corporatmen have been in the traveling work and are in the 60's or 70's. What else can they do with the skills they have and being removed from the real world for so many years? Whether they like it or not they have to hold the company line because they too are captives.

I have struggled with the forgive and forget also. I want to move on and eventually say I'm and ex-ex jw. But that will take years and I do not believe that my thinking will ever be normal. As far as the corporation, I cannot imagine what their secret agenda is why they propagate such lunacy. Their stand against education, the stand against any kind of association other than service and meetings even with their own members. The total botch job with child molesters.

For me it doesn't matter that they have modified their stand against child abuse, but I still think it is inadequate. I could go on, but they remind me of the old snake oil salesmen that traveled to small towns. The first night they fleeced half of the town, the next night they fleeced the second half of the town, and the by the third night the whole town is trying to kill them and they are run out.

I would like them to be devasted and eaten up just like the whore they speak of in Revelation, never to inflict their pain on anyone. I don't think they will ever be as they were in the prime of their cycle, and they have no other place to go except to become more contolling, more secrete, stepping up the guilt. I think that as long as they have be barking the end of the world that their will be an increasing number of who are awakend.(Hopefully)

Could I forgive the German actions in WWII?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

How can you forgive an abuser while they are still abusing? The WT is a vile corp who keeps hurting people I care about. Until that stops, the forgiving can't start.

Ironically, since waking up to the reality of the WT, I have since been able to forgive many JWs in my life, let go of many personal resentments I didn't even know I had. It is not the JWs, it is the Corporation they follow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit