JWTALK.NET: 'Apostates are having a field day with this child abuse case'.

by Joliette 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Joliette
    Joliette

Boo!

Some of the utterly ridiculous comments that I've read on jwtalk.net:

'I pray fevently Jehovah will sanctify his name. I can't bear the thought of his name being connected with something like this'

'The media is a part of satan's world.' (So, when the watchtower wins a case, which they almost always do, is that satan??)

'No organization can be free of sexual predators. Even satan was a part of jehovah's heavenly congregation.'

'Thats like suing taco bell because the cashier touched on a child. Thats not taco bell's fault; its the cashiers fault'

I cannot believe how brainwashed these people are!!!!!!! Only a few people on the website out of all of the comments mentioned the welfare of the child. All they talked about was jehovahs name being dragged through the dirt. What a bunch of spoiled legalistic watchtower christians.

• mindseye
    mindseye

The overwhelming need to protect the mother 'org' at all costs boggles the mind. There's little concern over the victim or the actual facts of the case, it's just a reflexive need to protect the org. After the Catholic sex scandals, several Catholics that I know felt free to criticize the Catholic Church over their handling of the ordeal. They also expressed concern over the victims above all else. Most of all, they sought reform. In contrast, Witnesses identify their earthly organization with 'Jehovah' so much that they have to march lockstep in their conclusions.

• snowbird
  • snowbird
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

'Thats like suing taco bell because the cashier touched on a child. Thats not taco bell's fault; its the cashiers fault'

Actually, that's like Taco Bell having a policy that reports of cashiers touching children should first be reported to Taco Bell Legal Department and then have the matter addressed by a group of Taco Bell janitors only. Obviously, Taco Bell abides by the law and management calls the police. There would be no reason for Taco Bell to have any legal problems as long as they notify police and take swift action to protect children. Watchtower on the other hand, insists that their Legal Department be phoned first and believe that their uneducated magazine salesmen are qualified to handle such serious crimes. WT deserves to be sued to oblivion for their failure to protect children.

• Diest
    Diest

'No organization can be free of sexual predators. Even satan was a part of jehovah's heavenly congregation.' Minus the satan and jehovah part this is true.

Granted they could have done a hell of a lot more with almost no additional effort and only a little bit of short term discomfort. Which is better than the long term discomfort they face now.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Billy, a very good post! The lawyer representing Candi needs to read your post.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Watchtower on the other hand, insists that their Legal Department be phoned first and believe that their uneducated magazine salesmen are qualified to handle such serious crimes. WT deserves to be sued to oblivion

for their failure to protect children.

Billy, you are so right. As I have said probably too many times - it is the WTS arrogance that has been their downfall. They think they know best - but they are not educated about these issues, nor do they seek enlightenment about that upon which they pronounce judgement.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Here is a good quote:

"Its unlikely this will stand up before appeal; 20 million for a crime that has yet to be taken to criminal court... As the brother said, this story is FAR from over and if we end up paying a penny I'll eat my cheezy socks."

By poster sunshine...

• laverite
    laverite

Joliette - loved your emoticons/reactions to the comments you were reporting on, esp. the Taco Bell one. I would LOL but it's just too sad to laugh. There are real children and real lives on the line here. Thank you for your post.

Billy - excellent points, as always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit