Did anyone else get somewhat offended by the term "rank and file" that the WT attorney used.

by life is to short 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ordained Ministers , who were Caltholic Preist + Pedophiles = liability on the Catholic Church

Baptised witnesses, who become Ordained Ministers at baptism + Pedophiles = liability on the WTS

• Lurker555
    Lurker555

Ray Franz uses the term "rank and file" in crisis of conscience. Apparently the

GB used it because Ray said it was said during the closed door GB sessions.

The GB found the questions from the "rank and file" exasperating. Ray used a

different term but I can't remember now.

• talesin
    talesin

Well, I thought it was a major slip of the tongue on his part, so I smiled when I read it.

I *do* get offended when people here use it, and make a big deal about XXX elders are here! or XXX elders signed this ,etc.

tal

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I thought WTS apologists hated the term R&F and viewed it as a word apostates created, ironic seeing a WTS big wig use it.

• cult classic
    cult classic

That comment shows the separation between the WT clergy and its laity class. Good job WT lawyer.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

What I drew out from Rank & File comment was that the Watchtower leaders, including Mr. McCabe are very familiar with JWN term. Which can mean,

1. They are regular lurkers, or/and

2. Mr. McCabe or/and some of them have account(s) here on JWN. (I wonder who they can be?!)

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I noticed it and thought, gee you just lost a massive case against you, now is the time to look squeaky clean and be super nice but no, you insult your clients followers; well I guess now we all know were we really stand.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When you see the term "rank and file" insert "peasant", it correlates with the attitude from the jw clergy.

• j dubb
    j dubb

It immediately stuck out when I read his comments. I was fairly suprised the term was used.

• life is to short
    life is to short

(That comment shows the separation between the WT clergy and its laity class. Good job WT lawyer. )

Cult classic That what I was thinking it truly shows a laity class and all those years I was told I was an ordained minster. I reality I always hated it when they would tell us we were ordained minsters. It always seemed so stupid so now I know it was all just really hype to get me to do more.

000DAD

Maybe someone should suggest your wording for the next baptism talk. "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as a Rank & File member of Jehovah's Witnesses and not part of the Leadership of "God's spirit-directed organization"?

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit