Did anyone else get somewhat offended by the term "rank and file" that the WT attorney used.

by life is to short 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cacky
    Cacky

I thought it sounded pretty offensive to the rank and file jws, too.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

rank and file

Cultural Dictionary

rank and file definition

The people who form the major portion of any group or organization, excluding the leaders: “The rumors of corruption at the top disturbed the party's rank and file.” This phrase comes from military usage, where enlisted men march in ranks (close abreast) and files (one behind another), whereas officers march outside these formations.

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition   noun 1. the members of a group or organization apart from its leaders or officers. 2. rank 1 ( def. 7a ) . World English Dictionary
    rank and file
    n
    1.the ordinary soldiers of an army, excluding the officers
    2.the great mass or majority of any group or organization, as opposed to the leadership
    3.( modifier ) of, relating to, or characteristic of the rank and file: rank-and-file opinion ; rank-and-file support
    rank and filer
    n
  • iclone
    iclone

He stole that expression from the many, many posts on JWN. I wonder what McCabe's call sign and avatar is??

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I wonder now if at a person's baptism they will be told they are now ordained ministers of the good news?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I caught that too and I thought that was a term we as stinky "apostates" came up with and use? I wasn't offended, but it is telling of the views of Mr. McCabe holds for the lowly non-position holding dubs.

No clergy class my ass.

• wasblind
    wasblind
    Rank - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...

Definition of RANK. 1: luxuriantly or excessively vigorous in growth . 2: offensively gross or coarse : foul. 3. obsolete: grown too large . 4. a: shockingly ...

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rank

Rank, can also mean those stank Asses who file field service reports . rank and file

• undercover
    undercover

"rank and file" has been used before by WT leadership. Nothing new there. But the sentiment behind the statement was telling.

I'm glad he said "just a..." . He could have used R&F more positively, like, "the accused is a rank and file member of the assocition.
    He was not in a leadership or pastoral position". Instead he said, "he was just a rank and file member" which comes across,
    at least to us apostates, as "Hey, it wasn't one of us....it was just one of the followers.
    We're above that, but we can't control everyone".

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I loved that he used it. It shows that no matter what they say, there are ranks, punishment, upper class and lower class.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LITS! That is exactly what I thought---it was a term adopted by us, cuz I think Rutherford used to refer to regular witnesses as R&F. I don't think it was meant to be flattering, so I giggled when I heard him use it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I wonder now if at a person's baptism they will be told they are now ordained ministers of the good news? "

Hello Idrnomo,

It's in print, it can't be denied

" Baptism constitutes our ordination as ministers "_____Organized to do Jehovah's will book page 78

this man was a minister of the religion that did the molesting "ordained through baptism

lets' see how the WTS can weasle out of that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit