JW Study - OUT!!

by uk_ex_jw 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

A few months ago, I posted about a study who was getting baptised this summer at the upcoming DC.

We discussed a few things on FB. I showed him evidence that the Watchtower does not have the truth. The last I heard was that he had gone to the Elder's with the information I had given him.

I haven't heard from him since.

However, yesterday he contacted a JW, Elder's son on FB. It looks to me that he has left the org. Here is the post;

"Hi, yeah, I'm ok thanks.

I haven't been to a meeting in over a month now. I was sent some stuff by **my name**, it made me feel sick to be honest. It was all about the JW's and as a result, I have lost belief.

I have spoken to the Brothers, they have stated that he is a marked apostate and to be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately, I cannot get answers to the things he has put to me.

He came out of nowhere and has totally destroyed my belief in the truth, and the love I had of going to the hall.

I am embarrassed to go back now as there are a couple of other's who have made it difficult for me. I am at a loss what to do.

I was meant to be getting baptised this Summer, but now I am lost again. I only wanted to serve God, not man.

I hope all is well with you."

• Never_Enough
    Never_Enough

I guess this qualifies as a Field Service Experience?

Glad you made an impact... hope your friend keeps digging

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

I'm just wondering who the 'others' are who have upset him?

• cedars
    cedars

Well done, although it's a shame he seems kind of bitter against you, or is that just me reading too much into things? He's sounding like he would go back to the hall if he was guaranteed no hassle.

He still sounds a bit messed up IMO. However, the most important thing is that he's out, at least for now. Good job.

Cedars

• Fernando
    Fernando

If he is still seeking spiritually, I hope he does find his way. At least he will have less religious baggage to get rid of than if he had formally gotten betrothed to the Watchtower and their god - the "god of religion".

• cedars
    cedars

BTW - The OP of this thread has thrown up some terminology that is entirely new to me, namely.... a "marked apostate"! As far as I know (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) there can be no such thing as a "marked apostate" as far as the Society is concerned. Either you are an apostate (in accordance with the "two witness rule"), or you aren't. Simple as. If you are, and there is evidence, you should be promptly JC'd, and either disfellowshipped or disassociated. Marking is not intended for "sins" as grave as apostasy.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong. However, it sounds like your elders are a bit "confused" shall we say.

Cedars

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

Cedars,

The main issue is that I am 20 miles away from their KH, so I doubt they will make any effort to come here.

I could be wrong though - but, if they were going to do it, I think they would have by now.

Marked apostate - interesting term. I just took it that they are aware of my danger, and i am marked as a result for action later - perhaps??

I am not DF or DA, so I guess I pose a worse threat as I can still speak to JW's.

This guy isn't the first who I have encourage out of the borg, and he won't be the last. I guess my reputation is starting to proceed me...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Great to hear of someone snatched from the jaws of the shark.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nice job! I love how the main defense provided by the elders isn't answers to the questions raised, but that you are a "marked apostate" ( I guess that means a "known" apostate?) It is as if you infected the poor fellow with QUESTIONS without a cure. Terrible, you awful infectious apostate!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Cedars and everyone,

I've posted about some of these terms on another thread opened this morning here.

I too would like some clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit