JW Study - OUT!!

by uk_ex_jw 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Good job!

• still thinking
  • Fernando
    Fernando

BOC said: "It is as if you infected the poor fellow with QUESTIONS without a cure."

This sounds like something that could or should go viral - questions that have no cure!

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Fernando....quick...infect me....

***actually, I think I already have that***

• Fernando
    Fernando

Awe pity then, I'll have to be find'n me 'nother vict'm...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I would tell him that he's not really lost 'again', because false hope isn't really any hope at all. When people put all their energy into some ethereal future 'hope', they often forget to really live in the present.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I guess if you're not DF or DA you could be marked as apostate. My recollection is that a person could be marked for a spacious reason - or am I imagining it? It was all long ago for me....

• cedars
    cedars

GromitSK - no, apostasy is a disfellowshipping offence. "Marking" is for relatively minor things such as dating someone who isn't baptized, or otherwise doing something that isn't recommended in the literature. It isn't typically a punitive measure associated with something as "serious" as apostasy, at least to my knowledge.

Cedars

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that they are mixing the terms and creating new categories of ex J W's , unofficially...

Certainly a "marked" individual is one that has been identified by the elders as such - he is a "brother" that is still in the congregation but that does not deserve any social fellowship. He is 'unruly' in some way that does not merit disfellowshipping. Any apostate may be d/f'd for that fact alone.

If ukexjw has moved away I could expect that they might ask a local cong to follow-up and consider d/f , if only to prevent the flock from talking to him

Well done, BTW

• Quandry
    Quandry

Unfortunately, I cannot get answers to the things he has put to me.

How fortunate for him that he asked the questions before baptism, and not after when it would be too late! I am sure he was devastated, heck, we all were when we found out obout the real truth, but at least he didn't stick a toe in the water!

Job well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit