JW Study - OUT!!

by uk_ex_jw 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• still thinking
    still thinking

Unfortunately, I cannot get answers to the things he has put to me.

I'm beginning to realise that is the best way....people have to find their own answers...once they do that...they own them....it means much more.

Asking the questions is what helps people.

• jemba
    jemba

Awesome well done!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done ! I hope some of the seeds I have planted have grown inside some people and helped them free themselves, but I have had no such report yet.

Have you directed him to JWFacts.com ? I am sure you have, but if not please do so, then he can read at leisure anything that troubles him or interests him about WT doctrine or history.

When I first exited it was of great comfort to me to read on there and see that my decision to leave was so right.

My thanks to Paul for the JWFacts site will be lifelong.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

well done - great work! I also think how he referenced you in a negative way is him trying to justify his own path by shifting the blame.

• Ding
    Ding

Disorientation is to be expected upon finding out TTATT.

Most of us can remember similar trauma on having our worldview shaken.

Your friend needs to keep searching.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Could you post the questions you sent him

• talesin
    talesin

uk_ex_jw

In answer to your question about the others who are giving him problems. Perhaps some of the 'brothers' and 'sisters' are being nasty to him about his questioning.

Previous to this, he was most likely being love-bombed. Maybe friends have already started to ignore him, as he is showing signs of 'spiritual weakness', and he is no longer invited to social events, or welcome to drop by their homes and visit.

That can be very hurtful, and there's nothing wrong with telling him you are sorry that he has been so disillusioned, but felt it was your responsibility as a friend to warn him of the realities concerning the WTBTS TM .

Have you communicated with him since? It may be a good thing to let him know you told him these things because you care, and that you support him on his search for truth. You did not, and do not, want to see him duped by the org, and that is why you gave him the questions.

I don't know if you are a 'believer', agnostic or atheist, but it's not important that he sees things your way. He needs a friend, and one who cares about him just for who he is right now.

tal

• Cacky
    Cacky

I'm sure, as a guy, he was getting overly love bombed! Especially by the men in the cong. Well, the women, too, for that matter! I think also if possible he should be made aware of why the love bombing stopped and give him some kind of encouragement.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

uk_ex_jw, what were the questions you put to him and other information you shared that opened his eyes?

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Good job! I tell my friends about how the WTS treats people who disagree them and talk to them about JWs beliefs as often as I can. Most of them want nothing to do with jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit