Need your opinion/wisdom/insight

by sspo 12 Replies latest social relationships

• sspo
    sspo

Would you marry or live with someone who is vegetarian. How hard would it be?

I have been going out with a 53 year old lady, very nice, good looking,sweet but she can be a fanatic when it comes to what

she eats.

No meat, no fish,no chicken, no coffee, no alcohol, no sugar,careful about the sun,no pool due to chlorine, everything else she has to check ingredients even on small things such as chapstick.

I feel it can be a nightmare living under those circumstances since i usually eat almost anything but in moderation.

Anyone out there in the same boat? Thanks for your input!

• avishai
    avishai

RUN!!! RUN LIKE YOUR BUTT IS ON FIRE AND THE NEAREST WATER IS A MILE AWAY!!!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

If she let's you enjoy your food without giving a lecture then there should be no problem, everytime you eat something that she doesn't and she gives you the screwface or starts lecturing you about that's not good and all that, then that's a problem.

It's like eating Sushi with people who don't like it, I love it, folks I hang out with don't, I've heard the "ooohh, that's disgusting, how can you eat that" one too many times already.

• jam
    jam

Well when I met my wife, she would only eat chicken

occasionally. I cook, have always even with my first wife.

17 years later, she eats everything I eat and have gain

A few lbs. So if you have not already, learn to cook.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My husband eats things I won't like most fish raw or cooked. I will even cook fish for him than I won't taste much less eat. If you're woman is like me then it's a go. If not it may not be a match.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The vegetarian bit is doable, the rest sounds kind of difficult and honestly, kind of insane. Plenty of people manage vegetarianism w/o even thinking about it, but the rest of that stuff is almost neurotic.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

NO alcohol-fine, but no caffeine??? That's crazy!

• Dagney
    Dagney

She sounds like she is vegan. There are many couples that make it work because they want to be together. I would say if it bothers you to the extent it affects your time together negatively, then it may not get better. And if she criticizes for not being the same...that's no good. But if everything else in the relationship is worth the effort, take some time to see where it goes. Sharing "likes" is definitely a plus, and easier; but the qualities of the person are what matters.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

As long as she dosent epect you to follow her neurosis,It should be ok.Sounds sorta healthy anyway.If not very much fun tho.:{

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

My daughter had a vegan cookery teacher at school so for 2 years all she cooked was vegan friendly food.

I have always thought it would be lovely to to try vegeterianism purely because I don't like the thought that meat comes from animals that are not treated humanely.

For 2 years I totally resented paying for really expensive "meat alternatives" and chick peas and lentils etc that all ended up in the bin because the taste and smell was so disgusting.

At the end of 2 years there was only 1 dish that was edible, an aubergine lasagne.

At parents evening I told the teacher how disappointed I was that in my opinion she had wasted 2 years of lessons and completely missed a golden opportunity to teach the girls healthy alternative recipes not using meat.

She really didn't care.

Edited to add: maybe it can't be done!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit