This morning I emailed my Mother and completed Bared My Soul!

by iclone 20 Replies latest social humour

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

I love this awesome letter!

Well written and such excellent reasoning.

love this

" By your own admission in your email it states that Jehovah has authority over the weather and natural forces to manipulate events. If that’s the case; where was Jehovah when and does he care as he allows natural disasters and freak storms to kill hundreds of thousands of people, orphan children, leave countless others homeless and destitute?"

I just don't understand when they say that the reason Almighty Jehovah God does nothing about the terrible things we see in the worls is because he is still trying to prove his soverenty. Good grief! If he is almighty ,that could have been proven instantly, thousands of years ago.

Oh, I do hate those JW miracle stories they love to tell. I've heard so many through the years but these were new to me.

AKA

Ranchette

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Great letter, I can appreciate your frustration. Personally, I think this could be the key for captives to unlock the trance. However, rank and file jw's must appreciate the advice from the legal department to not encourage or discourage notifying appropriate authorities. I believe that many are still in disbelief that the WTBTS would even attempt to cover this conduct up. I have spoke with my wife who has not attended a meeting in years, and she asked "why do you think the elders would cover this up" more or less?

I think that there are some "company" men that would do whatever they were told by the lawyers. I think there are also elders that probably did what they were told to do but did not like the limitations of informing others be it the congregation or the legal authorities. I think that the herd attitude has exasperated this situation along with alot of old school ideas as many are present today. The threat of doing what the legal department said or lose your "privileges" is also a threat. Some "elders" just can't live without a title. But hey, if you are janitor or window washer where else can you go and receive the perceived respect than the local congregation of jw/s.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

iclone..That was a very heart-felt, beautiful letter and since your mom (so far) is open to evidence, I wonder if you can point her in the right direction. There is a vid by Danmera on youtube that is very good. Although she is deemed an "apostate", she sticks up for and has a very nice message regarding the every day JW's, in her latest vid.

Perhaps you can watch it and see if it is something you think will hit home with your mom. Under the video there are links to documents and the court transcript. I am thinking if your mom would be open to at least checking out some of the documents or transcrpt, then she can see for herself what this one case alone is all about...and this is by far not an isolated instance, as we are all too sadly aware.

In any case, thank you for sharing your letter and please keep us posted on the follow ups. Thank you.

• iclone
    iclone

JakeM2012 you have a PM

• iclone
    iclone

AK MCGRATH, do you have a link to that video?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Thanks

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

iclone, you have a PM. Thanks

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

GRRR. I'm trying to paste the direct link on here..dammit!

Forget it..I'm going to the source

• blond-moment
  • av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I'm with everyone else. Great email. You would think such a well thought out and reasoned email would be a cause for her to take notice. The problem with witnesses is with their mindset anything they don't want to hear or that runs counter to the organization, I notice they do a great job of shutting down and denying. The good thing is hopefully your email will stick with her and something in it will bug her for a bit. Just that weeee bit of doubt or question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit