What's with all the abusive believers?

by NewChapter 91 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

They go for the jugular of all religion and even the idea of God itself.
    Oh my!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I am really considering Thor more seriously now......

• shamus100
    shamus100

I am the only one deserving of worship. Animalism is a religion, don'tcha know?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

There have recently been so many threads and arguments between atheists and believers. The idea that people are divided neatly into these two camps is absurd. There are many alternative positions but desire to divide people has overlooked so many other possibilities.

We are all born the same and we all die. What goes on in our head in between is of little consequence. We are not defined by our beliefs but by our deeds. This is the truth taught by Christ, Buddha, Ghandi, and moderate people who feel no need to latch on a guru.

Beneath this smoke screen of superiority in belief systems, an emotional battle is being played out. The need to be proved right, vindicated, validated, exonerated and exalted, shines through clearly. Anger and unexpressed emotion is being the driving force behind most threads.

The truth is that no one has a god-dam clue why we exist on this tiny planet in the middle of nowhere, which happens to be the middle of everywhere. We have come from nowhere and are going nowhere. We simply exist and there may be no point to our existence except the moment we are living. It has been thus for millions of years.

Peace, and may your gods or philosophy go with you and get you through the night. If you are lucky enough to wake up tomorrow and live through another day you will have discovered the truth of your existence. If you are fortunate enough to have someone who loves you and wants to share their life with you, you need nothing more.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Listen to the man with the sword y'all. He's talking sense.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Thank you mrsjones5 your comments are always well balanced and fair.

I guess that is not what people on this forum are looking for at the present time.

• ammo
    ammo

Thanks gladiator, been thinking how to word exactly what you just said, f... me its like a zoo somedays in here and some people just want to stir the potwithno regard to the outcome-- 'Just to be heard' whether people believe or not who gives a rats a... the thing I find so f.... amazing is we are ALL on here because at one point in our lives we did believe that is the common bond ( and if you did'nt why the hell where you at the k hall) so some don't anymore, some still do, some are working it out do we have to be so adament in our beliefs that we lose our civility and just resort to mud slinging, and yes I know if you don't like it don't read it, well generally I don't read it but lately there have been so many threads for and against I just had to take a look, sorry if this seems rude in itself I have had a long night tooing and froing with someone on the same lines as this and fernandos thread, and I wanted to come on here and say at the end of the day why can't we all just agree to dis agree and just get along, has the wtbts not caused enough devisions in our lives let alone banging on and on and on whether God exist or not. Sometimes people that screech about how badly they have been treated forget how antagonizing perhaps they can be.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Palmie i would love to abuse my body with cheesecake AND vodka :-D

And as for you monkey..... You seriously ask which god I worship?? Thats such a softball....

Thor, the Thunderer, The Odin son!!!! Weilder of mighty Mjolnir and scourge of Frost giants! And he approves of drinking ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit