What's with all the abusive believers?

by NewChapter 91 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

It's a party thread! We have the lemon, I'll bring the tequila---anyone got salt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Margarita time!

• shamus100
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It appears that atheists do not have the same persecution complex that believers have.

What is with abusive atheists?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    LOL Sab----you miss the satire of my thread. Perhaps if you look at the invisible ink and go on my treasure hunt. However, this bears repeating a THIRD time, because it is absolutely precious.

Your satire is aggressive and obviously holds a strong opinion of yours. My posts are a response to that opinion. I have heard you talking about this double standard many times. Atheists seem to commiserate about this phenomenon:

I can totally relate with this comic, however it is misleading. Atheists do wait until the believer starts thumping to thump back, but they do more than just destroy an inanimate cross. They go for the jugular of all religion and even the idea of God itself. Many are not content until faith is shaken or the believer has completely broken down emotionally. All in the name of retaliation to verbal attack? That's a whole lot more damaging than a believer asserting that atheists are blind and stupid.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I had a lemon drop martini the other night - boy, it was yummy!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

They go for the jugular of all religion and even the idea of God itself.

Oh my!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Isn't most satire aggressive and isn't that the point of satire? Non-aggressive satire just falls flat.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Isn't most satire aggressive and isn't that the point of satire? Non-aggressive satire just falls flat.

Yeah I guess so, but there is a range to that aggression.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit