What Some Loyal JW's Are Saying About The Oakland Case.

by Bangalore 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Form the Pro-JW site JWtalk

This is such a Ronald McDonald court case. I can't believe what I am reading.

Lie: "The lawsuit alleged that Watchtower had a policy that instructed elders in its Jehovah's Witnesses congregations to keep reports of child sex abusers within the religious group secret to avoid lawsuits."

Truth: McCabe denied Jehovah's Witnesses has a secrecy policy concerning child sex abuse.

The amazing part: McCabe said he was not aware of any other case in which a religious organization has been found liable for wrongdoing by a member who was not in an official position of responsibility.

That's like suing Taco Bell because the cashier molested a child.

That's like suing Taco Bell because the cashier molested a child.

Actually that I could almost understand because the cashier was representing Taco Bell.

This is like suing Taco bell because one of it's customers molested another one of it's customers!

The article did say in one place that he was in a "leadership position", but as I'm sure we all know opposers use terms pretty liberally. Their definition probably puts me in a leadership position even though I'm not in an appointed position and I haven't done anything more than lead a group in field service.

As stated, the whole case is absurd. Apostates love to claim that JWs cover up child molesting, even though this is the very first time we have ever lost a lawsuit (and even so there is the appeal process), compared to other religions which have lost over and over again, and that's just with their clergy, not the average members, and we have the apostates pressing this issue with us like no other religion has!

I can imagine the jury's reasoning:

'Child abuse is bad right? Big organizations have lots of money and always try to step on the little guy. Plus JWs are a weird religion anyway. Let's just say $20,000,000, I want to get out of here.'

I look forward to the organization's appeal of the case (and of course when we win that do you think it will be on MSNBC?)

The issue of child sexual abuse touches very, very close to my heart. I will leave it at that.

That being said...

While I understand our emotional reaction to seeing Jehovah's name being dragged through the dirt, let's not forget that there was a 9-year-old girl here who suffered the unthinkable, life-altering trauma of being sexually abused. She is now 26, and she is living with the scars of that abuse. I know a lot about her scars. Neither money nor legal victories will heal them; only Jehovah's kingdom can do that.

This story is a tragedy all the way around. There is no questioning that fact. But in our haste to point out the excessive and misplaced punishment, please don't forget that this woman is a victim. She has every right to demand justice from the person who did this. I just wish it had remained in that context: HE did this, NOT the brothers.

I know she was abused but she should know full well that our organization is not responsible. Being abused is no excuse to hurt other innocents. I am certain she is just a tool of the apostates, who have been chomping at the bit about this nonexistent issue for ages.

It really doesn't matter at this point. Remember, the media is a part of this system and controlled by Satan and they will put whatever spin on it to make the Society look that were harboring deviants. I found out a long time ago that the media does not have to tell the truth and will sensationalize what ever story they see fit.

The Society has taken steps since then with the authorities locally should an accusation be made against another brother or sister involving child molestation. Like any case involving victimization, people want retroactive punishment. That s not possible because of limitations within the law. Additionally, if a person repents, who are we to judge when Jehovah forgives all. Victims want payback. This case is just the beginning and it sets precedence. Many more will be coming out . Class action lawsuit is inevitable in the future. This is reality.

I was surprised to read this in New York Times.It is shocking!
    We know that this is part of Satan's plot. Lamestream media will exploit this sensational story.

Bangalore

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

At least this person acknowledged that real harm was done to someone, even if their other comments are typically paranoid. I have a picture of another conversation on FB at my site. The article is at http://www.atheistgeeknews.com/update-on-sexual-abuse-case-in-california-2655.htm and the picture is at the bottom if anyone wants to see it.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

they make me physically ill.

if they knocked on my door this week i would pelt them with horse manure, something that we have in abundance, fresh steaming horse shit.

Oz

edit: I guess we evil apostates forged all the society's self damning letters too uh?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks for the Facebook screenshot Isaac.

Aussie Oz - Perhaps many of them are unaware of the letters, since they were meant for elders only and not read by the rank and file.

Bangalore

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

yes they are ignorant. they are unaware, they need waking up.

the trouble is that if you put those letters and the elders book in front of them they would probably refuse to read them and call them forgery's.

oz

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I'm shocked and angry at those comments. Why am I so surprised at their lack of ability to grasp simple facts? I guess I forget how dumb and poisonous they can be since I'm free from listening to their b/s every week.

even though this is the very first time we have ever lost a lawsuit (and even so there is the appeal process),

We're allowed to make one mistake and maybe it won't stick? How is that a defence? The facts of the case are available for all to see and only those without an ounce of compassion or those with cult brainwashing seem not to understand why the WBTS is partly to blame.

mmxiv

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

These comments are the perfect evidence of how Satan is every bit as important to the JW religion as god. That Satan is crafty! It's all his fault!

• sir82
    sir82

On the other end of the spectrum: I told a friend from a nearby congregation about the verdict. He was visibly shaken, shocked even, and said "it's going to take me a while to assimilate this."

He's a loyal JW through and through, but he does see that on occasion individuals suffer due to WTS policy. I.e., he's more loyal to "Jehovah" than "the organization".

The ones who write such comments as above are the utterly clueless and brain dead. There are a lot more who are still semi-consocious, and I think news of this verdict will disturb them greatly.

• Diest
    Diest

Brother's we can see by the messages left on facebook that we truely are "Jehovah's People." Our spiteful and nasty nature matches up with our wonderful God who killed 42 chldren for making fun of a bald man. May we continue to condem the victims of sex abuse by calling the liars and insunuating that Jehovah will destroy them in due course.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Even more than the money they have to pay out (which isn't enough), I hope the religion pays for it with losses in the money they don't take in. If everyone still in just donates 10 toilet papers less per month than usual, that will put a big dent on their finances. If householders that donate for the littera-trash stop, there goes more funds (and the publishers stop donating for it). If people quit donating for a$$emblies, there goes another portion of their income. On top of that, people should start wasting resources. Flushing toilets excessively wastes water (as does just running hot water). Put the heat up full blast, along with the air conditioner. Leave every single light on in the building all night--that really ought to waste plenty of electricity. Leave the refrigerator door wide open to make that waste electricity. They get a big light bill just as donations are plummetting, and pretty soon they are gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit