What Some Loyal JW's Are Saying About The Oakland Case.

by Bangalore 63 Replies latest jw friends

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Interesting the things Jw's keep confidential and what they do not. For all the people, including elders that can take a comment on a paragraph or talk, screw it around to what their pet pieve is, but cannot do the same with comments about pediphiles is interesting.

We probably have all heard a talk on the school or "public talk" having one theme and the elder will start talking about one thing, get totally off the outline, and stand up on his soap box about what "he felt the congregation" needed.

Over the years I have confronted several brothers. One explained that his talk reflected the needs of the congregation. I replied, "the needs of the congregation gets 15 minutes a month". "If you want to make practical application it has to be within the subject that you are talking." Because I was tired of the loaded comments based on information that I believe was from his wife, I even said, "the FDS decides what the need of the congregation is". HaHa.

Even text comments at the field service meeting could be twisted around.

Several sisters in the congregation had cosmetic surgery or other cosmetic proceedures and that information went through the congregation like wild fire. I don't believe it is anyone's business, and it did not hurt anyone. But with pediphiles Jw's have to keep the confidentiality.???

• Cacky
    Cacky

Don't know if this was commented on, but one guy says, in effect: "the apostates would probably say I am in a leadership position when I'm not, the most I do is lead a group into field service."

Isn't that the POINT!! If you lead the group in field service, you get to choose who goes with you, in your car. And what if you are a pedophile and you pull it off as saying "little Brother Johnny can join me on some return visits."

How can they not get it?!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

The confidentiality card. Wt makes all these rules about servants not being in a room alone with a women no matter; but they can't say be sure to go with you children to the bathroom, in field service, elders servants should not be in a car alone with a child not theirs? etc?

Obviously, the pediphilia threat has not been a priority. Why can't they make man made rules that children are only to be alone with their parents? Of all the personal business that the borg wants to get into, including saying what can and cannot take place with a married couple, but they can't have more information on protecting their own children? I know of several Awake magazines on it, but how many times have they considered it in the wt study? I don't have a wt library any more so maybe someone else knows.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JakeM2012:

You have a point about so-called confidentiality and the JWs clearly have their priorities wrong. They gossip about stupid things like what you mentioned if some sister has cosmetic surgery or other nonsese. But, if it was something important, such as if there was something "wrong" with a particular man in the congregation, people were hesitant to tell some girl he was interested in !! They didn't want to be accused of "gossip". Imagine that? So, EVERYBODY except her knew what was wrong with him! Is there something wrong with this picture? There sure is! If it were ME I would want to know. This is a "head in the sand" hypocrisy and is clearly the fault of the religion for setting this tone. The religion is rife with this kind of disgusting hypocrisy and I could not stand it. The stupid people there with their heads down who imagine if they go knocking on doors it makes all the hypocrisy right is one of the reasons I am glad I am not there anymore. I could not be a part of this.

The religion is more concerned (to the point of obsession) about fornication and "uncleanness" but doesn't seem to care much if a child is being touched improperly and being molested. Just what is the problem here?? Is it a lack of regard or dislike for the person of a child and in essence, treating them like an animal?

Or is it the fact that if there is fornication/uncleanness you are dealing with two adult or near adult people and they are both accountable and not anybody else (in other words you can't blame the policies of the religion)? And, is it the fact that with child molestation, the child is clearly not accountable and an adult (usually a man) is accountable and the religion (1) doesn't want to intercede on behalf of the child and accuse said man and has to question what circumstances led to this, etc. (2) they don't want to lose any more men in the religion, especially if the accused man has anything going for him and (3) their fear that ultimately it might get outside the walls of the kingdom hall and the world will hear about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit