What Some Loyal JW's Are Saying About The Oakland Case.

by Bangalore 63 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

When a previous article came out in local paper...like 3 yrs. ago or something...it was the "Dateline" NBC case...anyway, she cried and din't want to go out in service but got "set straight" by the elders. She was really bothered by a story talking about JW's being linked to child abuse and coverups.

Well, here is her reasoning now..after this latest case and after being "set straight" again by the elders:

"It's all Satan's doing. We knew we would be persecuted, especially in time of the end, and what better way for Satan to attack us than using the most horrible thing possible (child abuse) to accuse us of."

"Really, it makes total sense that Satan would do this and we've been told over and over that persecution was going to get worse and worse and this is all just part of it. We should really expect this kind of thing. Satan is no dummy and he's gonna use everything he's got to try and tear us down and what better way than using child abuse to after us with".

• integ
    integ

..just to add, my mom said "The society has said they are against child abuse..i remember reading or hearing that". I responded "Mom, what are they gonna say? Are they gonna get up at an assembly and say "We have decided we are FOR child abuse"?"

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'm afraid that many loyal Witnesses won't bother to learn the facts of this case. Their "cognitive dissonance" makes them incapable of objective reasoning. I have read elsewhere that Satan is as important to the JW religion as Jehovah himself is. This case illustrates just how sad and true that observation is. Loyal Witnesses don't want to blame their warped and sociopathic organization for any of this or hold it accountable for the gross errors it has made. No indeed! Instead, Satan is made the bogeyman and it is his machinations that have produced this deplorable situation. Then these people sit on their hands and wait for Jehovah to clear his name of reproach by restoring the reputation of the WTS. This once again shows that in the Witness mind, the WTS and Jehovah are one and the same.

I had hopes when this story broke that we'd see the first buds of a "Watchtower Spring" opening, that many rank-and-file Witnesses would come to their senses and start challenging the WTS and its corrupt and self-serving Governing Body. But if these remarks are an indication of the mindset of the majority, it would seem that we are still deep in a winter of discontent. Maybe the hoped-for spring is coming, but if so it may be a long way off yet.

Quendi

• sir82
    sir82

Loyal Witnesses don't want to blame their warped and sociopathic organization for any of this or hold it accountable for the gross errors it has made.

Yep, they are co-dependent enablers.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

What a sad, sad state of affairs.

I actually taught the pedophile piece to my fellow elders at Kingdom Ministry School. The MASS majority of JWs have NO clue what the organization's policies are..... they never even inquire.

I wouldn't expect any of them to wake up to this. What you will see is a series of cliches flung around....more urban legends.....all in an effort to remove any responsiblity to an organization that will not identify pedophiles. The Society will drop a guy like a hot rock if he is even accused; he will stand on his own.

Why anyone would compare a religious organization......afterall, isn't the WTBS the "antitypical Ark"...... to Taco Bell, only shows the gross ignorance of your common publisher.

They understand almost NOTHING about this organization........

• Sulla
    Sulla

I had hopes when this story broke that we'd see the first buds of a "Watchtower Spring" opening, that many rank-and-file Witnesses would come to their senses and start challenging the WTS and its corrupt and self-serving Governing Body.

Oh, Quendi, bless your heart! But there was never one chance in hell that this would matter a bit to them! You cannot underestimate JWs. It's like when I was growing up and going to Bob's Big Boy for supper. I always thought I could prepare myself for how awful it was going to be, but it was always worse than I thought. Same thing.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

The lack of empathy and compassion is really sickening

• schnare
    schnare

I just found what this person said to be entirely funny as hell: " I still don't understand how the JW's could be sued. That is a lot of donations that could be used to print magazines or build the new headquarters." What about actually helping people?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The worst part is these apologists blaming the victim and the victim's parents. Just read the huffington post comments. It is sickening.

• blond-moment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit