Watchtower Lawsuit on Twitter

by purplesofa 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I've sent you a PM.

Loz x

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

We should all agree a hash tag. How about #JWscandal ? Then it could really trend.

Loz x

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

How do you do that, LOZ? Iam not to great at this; only know basics.

• sf
    sf

purpie...now you got the right idea!

sKally

• DT
    DT

"We should all agree a hash tag. How about #JWscandal ? Then it could really trend."

#JWscandal is a great hashtag. I think #JW is also good for any JW related tweet. It's very short so there will usually be room for other hashtags too.

I think the best phrase for a trending topic would be Jehovah's Witnesses. There are already a lot of tweets with that phrase, so it might be possible to have it show up on Twitter as a trending topic. If it becomes an official trending topic, it could really explode. (I don't know how hard it is to do that, but if we work together it might be possible.) We can still use hashtags along with the phrase Jehovah's Witnesses so that people can click on it and see the other tweets with that hashtag.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

From my experiance, it takes allot of tweets to make something trend in a certain period of time ...I have worked on many hashtags to get trended re: Libya, Syria etc.

This is with people trending from all over the world. Syria tweeters work to trend every Sat am with prior notice of what hashtag to use.

I am going through a move and not sure I could coordinate such a big undertaking....My suggestion is to get as many using twitter as possible.

This is a wonderful opportunity to get active....it is amazing what being able to use Twitter has been able to make happen.

If there were any way to work on trending when Anderson Cooper interviews Rick Simons that would be majorly awesome. AND AND

Allot of work and committment

purps

• sf
    sf

purp,

It warms my heart to hear you say this:

This is a wonderful opportunity to get active

Remember, years ago on about.com chat? YOU'VE MADE MILESTONES LADY.

XOXOXO, sKally

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was thinking that earlier this am when I saw you posting here...was going to say something and then we lost power here....then I forgot, just got power back up!

I was thinking how nuts we (JW's) thought you were...well sometimes you really were.

And wow, about.com was 10 plus years ago!

xoxox

• DT
    DT

I've done some research and it appears that it would be pretty difficult to get an actual trending topic on Twitter. Part of the problem is that you need a lot of different people tweeting about the topic. It's not enough to have a few people tweeting repeatedly.

There is still a lot that we can do by tweeting and retweeting these news stories. One day we might get lucky and have a news item really take off. It's already happening with this latest case. It just hasn't been enough to trend yet.

• sf
    sf

Yea, ten years. Amazing. Now do you see what hell I went through trying to get this info out years ago? Long hours of cutting, pasting reading, searching, re-searching. But now, those days are long gone. With Twitter and FB...the information highway will be traveled by many, many more now.

Wonder what happened to some of them from about.com chatroom. I know a few started posting here long ago but have no idea what became of them.

I'm just so tickled to see you as an ACTIVE APOSTATE. LOLOLOL!!

Good work GF. Keep it up.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit