I AM THE NEW MEETUP ORGANIZER FOR EX-JW's IN MICHIGAN

by AK MCGRATH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Wow! I love the response this has gotten! It was so nice to FINALLY meet some former JW's, and I think a good time was had by all. Would you agree serenity? And hey, is there a way you can take the MEETUP pic from my FB page & post on here? I have tried several times, but am technologically challenged

I have decided on a place for August. It is going to be the Lansing Cracker Barrel. It is right off 96 and has a variety of eats. Once I learn of my schedule, in the next week or two, I will post the info on here as well as the MEETUP board. We had 6 at our first MEETUP. I am hoping for 10 or more at the next one. As always, please feel free to bring an ally or two

Going down the line....B.M. Well, hopefuly you can make the Lansing one. The one for Sept will be in Ann Arbor, and I think Oct we will swing around Novi or that vacinity again.

sseven...Where do you live? Are you in Michigan? If so, whereabouts? I should make clear that our MEETUP group is not only for former JW's..you should take a look at the site to get a better picture. If you are in MI, please sign up for the latest info, etc.

Finally Free..too bad we couldn't meet your aquaintence. Would you be willing to come to Detroit if I scheduled one there in Oct? And if I ever meet a Rhonda (except MY Rhonda) I will ask if she knows a Walter from Toronto and pass on the well wishes

Rayzor...thank you for the nice words...and like I asked FF..would you come to Detroit if a MEETUP were to be scheduled? I'm sure between Serenity and myself one could be done in the next few months.

Coffeehouse...who are you on MEETUP? PM me if you'd like or send me an e-mail. Can't wait to meet you next month!

And last, but certainly not least...Serenity..it was very nice to have finally met you. Your FB pic does not do you justice either Hope to see you and the whole gang from Novi next month. Oh, and I'm sorry I haven't gotten back with you about the other matter of "distributing" literature..lol My schedule has gotten changed to due my client's family being here, etc. and I amd trying to cram in a necessary trip to Chi-town for a few days to visit the fam and a sick friend. Maybe in Aug?

• jemba
    jemba

So jealous AK, not many of us in my part of Queensland Australia.

Im so happy for you all, well done AK, I loved your FB photo.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

jemba~You are always so kind with your words to me. I truly appreciate it, my friend. From your posts on here and elsewhere, I can tell you have such a sincere, caring heart. Never lose that

I wish there were peeps in your neck of the woods. It can be hard, I know, to be the only ex-JW. Boards like this can be a life-line, as well as other venues. I thought I had seen a few people on here from Australia, and even one from Queensland. Have you ever had a thread seeking others from your area? What about starting a MEETUP of your own. I did a quick search and found http://exjw.meetup.com/all/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I have the new details up on the Michigan MEETUP board.

The MEETUP is going to be on Saturday, Aug. 11, 2012 at 1 pm at the Cracker Barrel in Lansing, MI. It is right off of 96, exit 93. It is right off the highway. Their menu is online, too.

I hope those who made it last time will again welcome us ith their friendship and association, and I look forward to meeting more this time around. If you have not done so, PLEASE register on the MEETUP board and RSVP thru there.

Thank you all, and have a fantastic Sunday!

JO/AK

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

bump

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Hey AK, yes i had a great time! I hope that I'll be able to meet some new facts in Lansing.

• patient
    patient

I will come please pm me details ... Located west of flint

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Yay Serenity...it just wouldn't be the same without you.

Patient...The info is above, for the 11th. If you could, please, so it is easier for me to keep track of the # of people attending, register under the MEETUP board. Look under EX-JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES OF MICHIGAN, and RSVP. You can shoot me an e-mail after you've done so to let me know who you are on here, if you'd like.

I check my e-mail & MEETUP more frequently than on here.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am occasionally able to travel from Illinois. Serenity came over to meetups in my area. If y'all want to meet someone awesome, then meet Serenity.

Your Aug 11 date doesn't work for my schedule so not this month for me. Maybe another month I will get there

Be sure to clink your glasses together, say a curse word, and sing 'Happy Birthday' to any August people, followed with 'God bless the Leos.'

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I agree..and Serenity was a hoot..and, not all birthday babies are Leo's

Too bad you cannot meet us, perhaps another time, then. I am hoping to one day make it to a Chi-town area MEETUP as well.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

What a wonderful time I had at the Lansing MEETUP, and it's only possible because of who came. Thanku to all who attended and I again look forward to our next one. Not sure if it will be in Ann Arbor or Grand Rapids. Anyone's input?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit