I AM THE NEW MEETUP ORGANIZER FOR EX-JW's IN MICHIGAN

by AK MCGRATH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Oh, did you send me a MEETUP request today, because I received one from somebody.

And because I didn't get a definite on this weekend from some, I am going to stick with the original plan of July in Novi. Then perhaps we can do Lansing in Aug, and Ann Arbor in Sept.

I'm so excited you want to join and live in the Lansing area I'm originally not from around here, so I know NO JW's current or ex.

Take care, ?'ingEverything.

JO/AK

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I am happy to report I am setting a date for our MEETUP. It will take place on Saturday, July 7th at the Olive Garden in Novi. I am hoping 1 pm is alright with everyone. If not, please tell me asap, because on Mon or Tues, I am calling them to make a reservation IF we have 8 people or more..So, please let me know how many will be in your party so I can keep tabs.

This will be my first MEETUP ever, and I'd rather have no other people to experience with, than former JW's.

Thank you all and I am so excited to meet all of you

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Yesterday's MEETUP was lovely. I had such a great time getting to know everyon a little. Hopefully we can all meet again in August...and even add a few more peeps

Since I cannot get the pic on here, maybe Serenity can??

• Black Man
    Black Man

I'm sorry I missed this. I live on the border of Novi and Farmington (5 minutes from that Olive Garden). Hope to catch one in the future.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

The next MEETUP is going to be in Lansing, some time in August and then Ann Arbor in September, if all goes according to plan. Hope you can make it next time

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

I'd love to organize a meetup for ex-jws/physically in-mentally out jws for my area, but the thought of just who would show up just might stop my poor old heart - okay, maybe it wouldn't stop, since I'm only in my twenties, but I do have a few hunches as to who in my congregation is in the same boat as me...I just don't know how to make a move, and if I can trust them.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't seen any Michigan ex jws since 2005. If you see Rhonda down there tell her Walter from Toronto says hello.

W

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

All the best with this meet-up.

I really enjoyed the gathering we had back in September 2003. Great bunch of folks there in the greater Detroit area.

Finally Free and another Canadian and myself went down and had a wonderful time.

Hope this meet-up is successful. All the best from Toronto.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

OOh awesome, Lansing is much closer to me- & I am registered on the meetup site... I will try to make that one :)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

CHG, I hope you can make the next meetup!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit