The Watchtower Punished: Society loses legal battle over child abuse case

by cedars 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Excellent blog Cedars.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks guys.

FYI - I've added some more media links to the article as the story is clearly starting to go viral on the news channels.

If anyone finds the story elsewhere, please let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Cedars

• snowbird
    snowbird

So many doing so much, and doing it so well ...

Cedars and Barbara, may you be blessed.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Typo:

"However, in this case, Candace Contis was more interested in justice than money ..."

Well written article, cedars I particularly like that you included the quote from the charity consultant - excellent.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks AnnOMaly - it's been fixed! I must say, I do appreciate having an army of eagle-eyed proofreaders at my disposal, it certainly makes life easier!

Yes, the consultant quote is very illuminating. I've been sitting on that letter for a while, not knowing quite what to do with it. Obviously, once this news broke, I knew exactly where the info belonged!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

I've added the following paragraph towards the end of my article for the benefit of any active Witnesses who fail to connect all the dots!!

Aside from the legal ramifications, it goes without saying that many Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world will be dismayed to learn that millions of dollars’ worth of their donations for the “worldwide work” will be spent on paying for legal penalties, simply because the Society steadfastly refuses to observe “Caesar’s law” by reporting all alleged cases of pedophilia to the authorities. The following scripture certainly takes on added poignancy following these events:

Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment to themselves.” – Romans 13:1,2 (New World Translation)

I'm probably "putting the boot in" a bit, but what the heck!

Cedars

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Those added paragraphes are excellent. Adds a lot to the conclusions. Gives the reader somthing to think about.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I downloaded all the court case papers and put them online: https://anonfiles.com/file/9507fe3b124f9ad440bf9792ab7e0f28

I haven't sorted them or OCR'ed them yet but you can start looking through all the complaints and what the witnesses for the Witnesses had to say. Short: they got their ass handed to them even though they attempted to play dirty.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Anony Mous, that's very helpful!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

There are now so many media websites covering the story, I've had to be ruthless and relegate the "minnows" from the list on my article.

The list of media links now reads:

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit