Bill Bowen Just Posted This on Facebook Moments Ago

by jamiebowers 49 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

27% of $20M, though. Around $7M total, damages plus punitive.

Is that correct? Will the punitive damages be proportioned, or can it be directed to a single party, such as the Watchtower? The figure is excessive to be applied to an individual with no hope of raising that money, but fair to be applied against the Watchtower, who needs an amount of this significance to have any affect in assisting changing their policies.

• truthseekeriam
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thanks Barbara...$21 million is even better, LOL! If I wasn't so crippled up I'd dance a jig and jump for joy! Anyway, I'm doing it in my mind!

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Game on , Watchtower! It's only begining!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

It is the sheer arrogance of the GB that has brought this down on their heads. They required the elders to basically cover up and protect pedophiles, allowing them to re-offend. I used to work in the field of child sexual abuse investigation (I learned things I still wish I did not know) - any child psychologist in the field will tell you that

1) sexual abuse is the death of a child's soul

2) pedophiles are poor candidates for rehabilitation - the best you can hope for is to convince them to stay away from children for the rest of their lives

Yet, rather than consult experts in the field, the WTS made their pronouncements based on their warped sense of omnipotence and privilege - thus harming potentially thousands of innocents.

Sheer arrogance.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Good. I hope this is the beginning of the end for Watchtower et al. I wonder if my JW mother will get wind of this and/or will ever change her mind about the Organization.

As a former JW elder, I am glad that I was never faced with having a pedophile (to my knowledge) in any congregation where I was assigned. That said, there should be a lot of current, and maybe former, elders who will $hit their pants if individual elders are assigned even a dime of the judgment against them personally.

A good day for the ex-JW community, and even better day for the victims of the pedophiles. Let it rain down on the Watchtower leaders' collective heads. BASTARDS. I HOPE THE GOVERNING BODY ROTS IN HELL.

Rich (SnakesInTheTower ... of the "hardly ever posts anymore" Sheep Class)

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yup!! This is a great day! $7 million, plus $20 million in damages...No gag order... And some of us have been burning up the media outlets with links to the story so hopefully we can get this some exposure!!

The Watchtower LOVES to bring up the Catholic church and their child abuse history...they won't be able to hide much longer and their sins are going to come to light. I wouldn't be surprised if this launches even MORE lawsuits.

Really hoping this is the crack in the armor needed to finally see this monster collapse.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I just hope they have enough money left to pay many more victims big sums too.

Every JW needs to know this is where their donated money is going. Donations are bound to dry up as they did for the Catholic church if it becomes common knowledge this is how the money is being used.

And countries where branches have closed need to know why money is tight and why the Watchtower is making cutbacks.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

How could they loose with Jehovah on their side??? My faith is shaken, but not stirred.

• laverite
    laverite

I am looking forward to hearing more about the suit as details emerge. I hope more victims of the Watchtower Society come forward and sue their pants off. Their behavior toward victims has been nothing less than criminal.

Of course they will appeal. So let's see where this will go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit