Bill Bowen Just Posted This on Facebook Moments Ago

by jamiebowers 49 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

any response on any dub sites?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Just remember, one of the very first members of the modern Governing Body was a pedophile. He was around for years and protected by the Organization in spite of the clear evidence of what he was doing.

Also, Nancy J. Sage's book, Going Undercover to Rescue My Daughter, currently under revision and updating (original still available on Amazon.com) , tells the story of how her daughter and granddaughter were abused by her son-in-law, an elder. The last I've heard, he is still an active JW and has held elder positions even since her book came out several years ago. Her story clearly shows how the Watchtower uses the "two witness rule" to effectively stymie any punishment or exposure of pedophiles within the organization.

I think the biggest victory in this case is the "no gag order" rule. I'm hoping to get my hands on the court transcripts, but I'm sure there will be some redactions due to the nature of the case. I hope that the plaintiffs and their attorneys can hold out for the full amount and not have to sign a no disclosure agreement. If they do, then this victory could become another wasted effort.

JV

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I think it will be interesting to see how the individual JW's take to all this info. If this goes nationwide, worldwide in fact, how can the JW's NOT see it in the media? They may be curious enough to check it out if even to start out by defending the WTBTS. My prayers are that this is the last straw, and that many of them will have to acknowledge the disgraceful acts of the entire "Society". I really think this is only the first lawsuit of many.

You know there are victims and their families sitting in kh's right now. They are sitting there in silence..or else..but now the tables are shifting and I hope this gives strength to those families to finally take a stand and be silent NO MORE!

I can see where this could put a division within congo's too. Some people saying, nah..it's all a bunch of lies, while victims KNOW this disgusting abuse has happened to them personally. I could see some heated arguments over this.

And I have to laugh at the $1.00. Why did they put it as such. For even a bigger point to be made? In the end, I hope that is all these greedy, fucking bastards have left, $1.00. Go buy a building with that

PS: Barbara~THANK YOU SO MUCH for your laborious work, and I am sure you are thrilled with some justice for this landmark case!

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

The light is getting brighter indeed! Halleluyah!!

• linuxbob
    linuxbob

Juan Viejo2, try the following link;

http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/html/index.html

Case HG11558324

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wow this just blows my mind,no gag order ? and 28 million ? It will certainly be very interesting to see what transpires from here on end.

smiddy

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Can you imagine how much they have been paying out in settlements over the years? That's nothing compared to their upcoming expenses. Think how many people thought taking on the WT was a losing proposition? Think how many would accept a small payout rather than go through the hassle. I think that $28 million kind of looks like it is worth the hassle for a few attys and plaintiffs with actionable cases.

I'm glad this happened. I hated reading the smug little JW's who were always saying that there was nothing ever 'proven' against the WT in a court case! Wipe their smug little smirks right OFF their face.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Wow . . . awesome!

I'm happy for the victims. Much courage needed.

If this proves to be a leak in the dyke . . . it could be quite devastating. Non-gagged settlements must put a shiver up them . . . more publicity can mean more claimants.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

JW Facts: Re your post above - as far as I can see from the court documents, the claim for punitive damages was only against WTBTS NY. Thus their 'share' is 27% of $7m plus $21m = $21.89. The financial data they filed with the court suggests that there should be no problem collecting that.

It also suggests that had all defendants been worthy of pursuing for punitive damages the jury had in mind a figure of $80m or so.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Links, please, to case notes, case details etc so that we can start blogging about this and have evidence to provide the naysayers. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit