Are you up and down all night?

by compound complex 51 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Well, I'm not feeling so alone after reading this thread. It takes me a long time to fall asleep and then I wake up a lot all night long. I'll be having a dream that feels like it's been going on forever and wake up to see that it's only midnight and I've been asleep for 45 minutes. Wash, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat. At 3 a.m., I usually have to get out of bed and check all the doors, because one of my dogs barked at a cat but I don't know it was just a cat. 4 a.m. to wake up alarm are awesome - lol. My best sleep comes on the weekends from 6 a.m. when the sun rises until I force myself out of bed, so I can have a life on my days off.

I sleep so much better when there's a man staying over and if not, melatonin helps me go back to sleep faster after I wake up in the middle of the night. And of course, there's always weed

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I sleep pretty well, but dream, dream, dream!

My psychiatrist says it's the depression-causing chemicals in my brain.

No. You are a deeply spiritual person. You see visions and you dream dreams.

• talesin
    talesin

I sleep pretty well, but dream, dream, dream!

My psychiatrist says it's the depression-causing chemicals in my brain.

[ italics mine ]

Several folks have reiterated this ... I posit this thought ... are these processing dreams? Is it the depression, or is it the subconscious processing or remembering past abuse?

just sayin ...

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

*** correction on the last comment

Past abuse,,, or TRAUMA of any kind.

xo

tal

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I fall asleep with no problem but wake up at between 3 and 4 am regularly. I think it is a blood sugar thing. If I get up for a bit and have some tea or just move around for a while I can usually fall back asleep in an hour or so. I think I suffer from Somali effect or Dawn Phenomenon. Although I don't take insulin I have always felt like I have blood sugar issues in the morning even more so when I sleep for a full 8 hours. If I get 8+ hours of sleep I feel depressed all day. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer says that 3am is a very spiritual time to wake up and you should take that time to discover your spiritual side. (it just makes me tired and grouchy :-) Maybe that is why we all figured out how to leave the Jdubs....

• talesin
    talesin

myname --- I think the blood sugar thing is true, and makes perfect sense. Have you tried eating a protein before bed? That helps me. Either a leftover piece of chicken, or an egg, or whatever,,, I sleep longer and better.

xo

tal

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome, Myname!

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer says that 3am is a very spiritual time to wake up and you should take that time to discover your spiritual side.

Interesting - since starting this thread I'm sleeping better, but I have often awakened at 3 o'clock a.m., stayed up and done what I consider some of my best work ...

Thanks, Taleisin, for your posts to this thread!

CoCo

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It takes me a few hours to get to sleep. Once I do I dream, sleep walk, sleep post, ummmmm sleep do lots of stuff and don't remember.... I sometimes hate going to sleep

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

varies... sometimes i sleep fantastic with sweet dreams, other times not so lucky!

i get real heavy restless legs sometimes, other nights i just get up and have a warm milk or something and surf the net for a while. Havent sprung out of bed feeling refreshed for more years than i can remember. Bed at 9.30 body clock goes off around 7am. second fave wake up is if wife brings me a coffee in bed and i sit there for 20 mins...you can imagine the 1st...

Lately i have taken to no drink after 7 and i dont need to get up to pee in the night!

oz

• compound complex
    compound complex

Been up since 3:30 a.m.

Pretty much a regular thing. Away on a job and glad I have my laptop.

Are you awake?

Of course, lots of you are across the pond!

Happy trails.

CoCo in California

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit