Are you up and down all night?

by compound complex 51 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am - every hour or so - but last night I slept for 5 hours uninterrupted, and this despite 4 cups of coffee late afternoon.

Still can't account for what was for me tantamount to a full-night's sleep ...

Do you sleep well most nights?

CoCo ZZZZZZZ

• blondie
    blondie

I've always averaged about 6 hours a night unless I'm ill. Once I sleep, I go into REM quite quickly. I have participated in a sleep study for about 25 years.... and they say that is why I thrive on so little sleep. When I first developed tintinnitus, I got less until my brain tuned out the background noise in my head. The clinic that runs the study helps people diagnosed with apnea and other sleep disorders. I've met people who sleep 8 hours (o more) and some studies say 8 hours is better. I think it depends on the individual, what keeps you healthy.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I sleep pretty well, but dream, dream, dream!

My psychiatrist says it's the depression-causing chemicals in my brain.

• Scully
    Scully

Occasionally I experience insomnia - shift work has a way of disrupting sleep cycles.

I had to stop drinking coffee a few years ago as it was making insomnia even worse. Sometimes I take a sleep aid like melatonin or dramamine. I started listening to audiobooks (set the Sleep Mode to turn off after 15 minutes) and I usually fall asleep before Sleep Mode turns off the audiobook.

I have strange dreams.

• tec
    tec

I am up and down all night. I sometimes sleep four hours at a spell, but I often wake up sporadically. This has happened ever since I had kids... so perhaps a connection there, hmm, lol.

I have been way more tired than usual lately though.

Peace,

tammy

• paladin
    paladin

I sleep good most nights but some times I start thinking about things at around 5:00 AM. Then it's difficult to fall back into a restful sleep.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've been familiar with TV's late night schedule for more than 10 years now, thank goodness for the Antenna Channel, they show old reruns like Jack Benny, Burns & Allen, Hazel, then Lucy comes on the Hallmark Ch. at 5am. Btw, just discovered on the Jewish Ch. that they show reruns of The Goldbergs and The Dinah Shore show, sometimes it pays to be an insomniac if you're into old B&W shows like I am.

Some nights I am able to get some actual rest though, about 2, sometimes 3 nights out of a week.

• tec
    tec

Plus, I don't want to sleep lately. I have things to do... and the need for sleep sometimes messes with what I want to do,lol.

Peace,

tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ Tammy.

I have teenagers staying here, so it behooves me to sleep with one eye open.

Seriously, though, I sometime long for the days of yore when sleep was so very sweet and refreshing.

• talesin
    talesin

I have had insomnia since I was a toddler. It sucks. Can only get a good sleep after the night is done, say around 5 or 6 am.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit