Are you up and down all night?

by compound complex 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Panhandlegirl - Did you see the network news this evening? On NBC News Dr. Nancy Snyderman did a report saying that folks that don't get enough sleep or more prone to strokes . . now something else to worry about !

• talesin
    talesin

CoCo -- every hour? OY! I find drinking ginger tea before bed really helps (the fresh kind, not bagged).

panhandle girl -- 104 is scary ,, that is when the hallucinating starts ... been there. The shift work is probably wearing down your immune system - get some rest, you hear me!

tal

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, everyone, for your comments, sharing the ups-and-downs of the wee hours. I'm sorry for the the illnesses some of you are coping with that lead to difficulty sleeping.

We guys - Glander and I - share this older-man syndrome with regard to the prostate. Saw palmetto does help, my urologist telling me that it was doing me good. Nonetheless, I'm up every hour or so, Taleisin. I appreciate your asking. Last night's good sleep was a fluke.

CoCo Liquified

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm a chronic insomniac, so I'm used to sleeping whenever

• talesin
    talesin

CoCo, you have a PM. :)

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

For over a year, I have had really painful back problems. I have to mainly sleep on my side. I wake myself up when I have to shift sides and put the pillow under my opposite leg or in-between them, usually because my legs or shoulder will start to hurt. With every move, pain shoots through my back. Then if I have to use the bathroom, which is once or twice, I wake up again. But I always have to stretch now before I get out of bed. It is painful to do just this, but I have to, or the pain is just too unbearable. I'm starting to have cramping in my legs and feet too, and I am really starting to get scared. Criminy, I'm not even 44 yet!

I just learned of a doctor that takes walk-ins for free at a church the first Sat of the month. I am hoping to see her in July or August. I'm afraid it is affecting other parts of my body. In fact, when I was checking out Fibromyalgia to get a clearer understanding of what Tales was dealing with, I thought, omg! could this be my promblem, too? I finally went back to the chiro a few months ago, and said he was hardly touching me and that I was hypersensitive..he suggest I get an x-ray. After a massage, I ended up with bruises all across my lower back..I cried last two times I was there. The treatments were excrutiating. I never went back. I'm popping 5 Advils at a time when I do take something, but it doesn't even feel like it's reducing any inflamation at this point.

Anyway, not getting good sleep sucks. And, I am a total night person. I could be up all night and sleep all day..but work dictates otherwise

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

simple remedies have cured my insomnia - eathing a pot of yoghurt just before turning in, no more than 1 cup of coffee in the morning and no tea after lunchtime. regular pilates has also helped I guess. I have also hugely restricted my computer time in the evenings.

• TOTH
    TOTH

After I hit 40 or so I sleep about three hours per night on average.

• Glander
    Glander

AK Mc. The leg cramps may be helped by drinking more water. I know it's not what you want to do when you then have to get up to pee in the wee wee hours.

getting older sucks, but on the other hand it is better than the alternative.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I play sudoku before I go to bed.

And by the time I've finished, the boredom is so overwhelming that sleep is my only escape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit