Today's WT: A Warning To You Loyal Witnesses

by metatron 36 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

AGAIN,

I've never seen the 'every three months' thing. Usually there would be some 'memorial (aka recruitment meeting)' at the kingdumb hall for someone you never knew. I asked a few times and they said it was an older one in a nursing home. They never visited - EVER.

I could tell you stories but that's enough for now. They are not human.

I don't think the post is meant to be a threat - but a promise. It's not a reason to leave 'the truth'. It's something to be assured of if you do get old enough to require care.

• carla
    carla

Watchtower Society = cure for natural affection.--- so true!

One of many threads that should be published in every newspaper, internet news, etc......

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

METATRON:

I don't think they think this far ahead.

I believe that any parent who is a JW who disinherits or shuns their non-JW or ex-JW children had better NOT be looking to that child to take care of them when they are elderly. When I read stories of DF'd children caring for JW parents who are spitting in their face, and there are active JW children who have run from the responsibility, I am just furious.

Some may disagree but, in my opinion, any JW children who have parents who are non-JW or ex-JW, still have the responsibility of at least seeing to it that their parents are cared for when elderly. Being a JW doesn't let somebody off the hook as far as I am concerned. If you hate your parents (and might have a good reason to), that still doesn't mean you shouldn't make preparations for them at least. We live in a world that is getting more unfeeling and more unnatural every day and it makes me sick how the JWs think.

If only the world knew what really goes on there.

• shamus100
    shamus100

They seperate people from society then they abandon them.

They do it with disfellowshipping, disassosiates, and finally, the elderly. No JW would refute that they abandon the elderly with a FEW exceptions. A very FEW. What I witnessed in many congregations was quite simply awful.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The worcds of Matthew 15:3-9 and 2 Timothy 3:5 apply with as much force to the WTS as they did to the false religious leaders and impostors of the first century. The more I read this thread, the more I am filled with anger and outrage that these hypocrites continue to operate unchecked and with the support of millions of duped followers. The callous and reckless disregard for the effect their words and teachings have on others is sickening to see and there is no excuse for it. This is no "spiritual paradise" but its diametric and exact opposite. May Jehovah look upon it and judge!

Quendi

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not exactly the same, but I know a sister in Vienna who died after more than FIFTY YEARS as a loyal Watchtower follower. The elders would not even arrange a funeral for her because her only surviving relative was her DFed son who is certified insane. They said it was his affair and not their problem. Her ashes were eventually disposed by the state after many months.

That's just my story about how the Watchtower abandons people, in death as well as old age. If they can't even send off a follower with FIFTY YEARS loyal service in a dignified manner then what are they? Call themselves a religious community?

• flipper
    flipper

METATRON - Very good points you make, so true. Bump this thread to the top, very important

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit