Armenian Public Television retracts false statements about Jehovah’s Witnesses

by cantleave 22 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Could it be that he was not baptised?

That's what I'm wondering. I was raised in it but never baptized. If you ask my former teachers, schoolmates, neighbors or even co-workers from 20-odd years ago, they'd probably all say, "She's a JW from a JW family" even though only my mother is baptized.

~Sue

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"The defendant was never one of Jehovah's Witnesses nor were his parents. Also, they were never associated with Jehovah's Witnesses." http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/326245

This description could be applied to someone who has had a 'Bible Study', or 'incidental witnessing' from schoolmates, or workmates. It does not mean that they had no contact and had not been influenced by their teachings and psychobabble.

Arman Torosyan, “fulfilling the commandment of Jehovah.” How did that idea get into his head?

• blondie
    blondie

It doesn't sound like they attended meetings and this could be interpreted by some as to not having a regular visit to study with jws also. I remember a husband of a woman who was studying with jws who got into a fight at a bar over something he read in his wife's study books...he said that Jesus was a Jew and got punched out by a fellow drinker. The local newspaper printed that he was a jw because he had also been throwing around the word "Jehovah" saying that was God's name. But he had never studied himself or gone to any meetings. I remember meeting some people who had studied 15 years ago for about 2 months, never gone to a meeting, but celebrated holidays and birthdays and told the neighbors that they were jws.

Also, they were never associated with Jehovah's Witnesses."
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Blondie

If this man claims to be a witness, the station has nothin' to retract

Accordin' to the Reasoning from the scriptures book under the heading of " JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" it states:

What beliefs of Jehovah's witnesses set them apart as different from other religions??

" ( 2) GOD : They worship Jehovah as the only true God and freely speak to others about him and his loving purposes toward mankind. Anyone who publicly witness about Jehovah is usually identified as belonging to the one group "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES."_______Reasoning from the scriptures book page 199

It clearly does not state that one has to be Baptised, or in attendance, just claim to be one

The WTS owes that T.V. station an apology

• wasblind
    wasblind

Blondie

Accordin' to the Reasoning book , the man in the bar room brawl fits the description of a

JW, suited up in christian armor ( wit' quotes from His wifes study books )

• blondie
    blondie

wasblind, that man did not claim to be a jw, never brought that in, merely his statements seemed to indicate he was a jw to non-jws without any further investigation. I wonder how much the media investigated. The family did claim to be jws but even the non-jw neighbor realized when I asked if they knew any jws that celebrated birthdays or holidays, they had to admit none. I remember there wasa news story recently where the male criminal (murderer?) was identified as a jw (confessed murderer of Etan Patz) and it turned out it was some evangelical church. He was never a jw. But sometimes one "extreme" religion seems the same as another to less than diligent media.

I think that is why it takes an ex-mormon to under the mormon church, an ex-jw to understand the WTS, an ex moonie, etc.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you for bringin that to my attention Blondie

I remember the sister that studied wit' me stated

the reason JW were brought out in a negative light

on the news, was because of what else " Persecution"

But as you say, " sometimes one "extreme' religion seems the same as another to a less diligent media "

I'm lookin' forward to your next comments thread, keep em comin'

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

funny how the WT are totally silent though when a bonafide JW goes and kills a spouse, rapes a child...

oz

• mP
    mP

Its amazing how fast they are to shout out about false stories, but they always hide when they are guilty of pedo crimes and other similar evils.

• irondork
    irondork

"As part of a settlement agreement signed on May 15, 2012, Armenian Public Television and its representatives broadcasted a retraction of statements... "

Sounds like the WTS did some arm-twisting. Could not the same type of retraction be demanded of the WTS for it's slanderous "mentally deseased" comments about people who have never been diagnosed as such?

“No one wants false statements broadcast about them, and we (APOSTATES) are no exception.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit