• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

the link is not working.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Try it now!

• blondie
    blondie

Just go to the www.jw-media.org site. If the article is short, it is good to copy it to JWN because 2 or more years later the link may no longer work, but the article is still there.

http://www.jw-media.org/arm/20120605.htm

For Immediate Release
    June 5, 2012
    (Armenian)

Armenian Public Television retracts false statements about Jehovah’s Witnesses

YEREVAN, Armenia—On June 5, 2012, viewers of the “Haylur” news programs observed something rarely presented to the Armenian public: a retraction of false statements made about Jehovah’s Witnesses.

As part of a settlement agreement signed on May 15, 2012, Armenian Public Television and its representatives broadcasted a retraction of statements that falsely associated a young man charged with brutally murdering his elderly parents in Sevan, Armenia with the religious community of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Since neither the young man nor his parents were ever Jehovah’s Witnesses, the misrepresentation was offensive to and considered insulting by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

According to the terms of the signed settlement agreement, the Armenian Public Television station, H1, broadcasted the retraction once during the first 20 minutes of each of their primetime news programs at 5:00 p.m. and at 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 5, 2012. The retraction is also being posted on the media outlet’s official website (www.1tv.am), listing it among the top five news stories during the period of June 5, 2012, through June 14, 2012.

Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide are noting this positive outcome. “No one wants false statements broadcast about them, and we are no exception,” states David Semonian, a spokesman at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in New York. “It is important that the Armenian public hear the truth about Jehovah’s Witnesses, and we are pleased that Armenian Public Television has taken steps to set the matter straight for the viewing public in Armenia.”

Media Contacts:
    David Semonian, Office of Public Information, tel. +1 718 560 5600
    Armenia: Tigran Harutyunyan, tel. +374 93 900 482

Last updated 05 June 2012 14:55:19 GMT

Copyright © 2012 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. All rights reserved.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm all for bad reports about the WT but using lies to spread hate is deplorable. There is enough bad stuff about the WT that is true that it makes me wonder why they were spreading false information?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

If the WTS takes action against those who spread false statements against them, why then aren't they exposing the "lies" spread by the mentally diseased apostates?

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

NVR2L8: Because as you already know we speak the truth about their corruption.

Kojack

• LV101
    LV101

Why can't the news media talk just talk about their evil that's true --- that would take up yrs!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I remember posting the original story when it when it came up on Google News. My apologies if it was inaccurate reporting; it appeared legitimate at the time.

The Watchtower is guilty of enough crimes against humanity without the media (or any individual for that matter) presenting false accusations about a family's unrelated personal tragedy.

So, thank-you, cantleave. For clarification, I'll update that topic with a link to this one.

~Sue

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I can think of many instances where the WT didn't ask for a retraction.

What I would like to know about this one is, where did the media get the idea he was a JW? Could it be that he was not baptised?

You don't have to make it all the way to officially sanctioned membership in order to suffer damage from cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit