God's Perfect Creation

by MrFreeze 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still thinking
    still thinking
    2. What is your explanation for how the writer(s) of the Torah knew that animals came before humans?

Well, firstly. I don't have to explain the Torah since I believe is a load of tripe....but I would guess....a good guess? Especially since they ate animals. Makes sense to put the food there before the people. I would if I wrote that book...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Well, firstly. I don't have to explain the Torah since I believe is a load of tripe....but I would guess....a good guess?

What you are doing is saying that something that was considered law for a very long time was merely a guess. Your safety would be at risk if you were to hold an opinion like that in the days of that law. A lot of work was put into those words and calling it a guess is very bold. You do not have to believe in the Torah to validate it as at the very least an educated guess. Why do you think they felt educated enough to put the linear progression of our species into a book? And more importantly why did they get it right? The answer is that the Torah is an ancient book of science. They used a primitive version of the scientific method and put down their findings in writing. The writer(s) were aware of education that had been passed through oral transmission through a variety of cultures and times. What they ended up with was the correct result of the linear progression of life: less complex to complex. This is actually a profound truth that has escaped the conscious awareness of human society up until the 1900's. Before that to call a human a sophisticated animal would be attached a dreadful taboo. Even people today would call it "druid stuff" and from some dark source. Yet, ironically it was always there in the Torah the people just didn't "see" it.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Why do you think they felt educated enough to put the linear progression of our species into a book? And more importantly why did they get it right? The answer is that the Torah is an ancient book of science.

No..they felt they knew...because that is a human trait. People think they know stuff.

They got it right because they had a 50/50 chance.

The Torah is not an ancient book of science. It is a load of tripe...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

There is also much homosexuality in the animal kingdom. So much for 'perfect'.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    No..they felt they knew...because that is a human trait. People think they know stuff.

You are grave robbing right now and revising history. They felt they knew because they had data and evidence. There methodology however was just to archive the results rather than the method. It was the same process as science textbooks today, except they just had less raw data to go off of because their archival methods were limited to their technologies. They had to lean on there spiritual and philsophical methods. You sit on a high horse in the future with the ability to document your own individual life visually for everybody to see. A person from the past would love to have that because it would make their archival processes easier to produce. Education of future generations was very important to them so getting the history right would also be. They didn't just "feel" they knew, they knew because they trusted the methodology there were using. That methodology had flaws, but they didn't get everything wrong. In fact they got things right that should make the scientists of today try to ascertain their true methods. However they get stuck in the vortex of Genesis 1:1, just as you are.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit