God's Perfect Creation

by MrFreeze 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• glenster
    glenster

Mortimer Adler, "How to Think about God." Note: nothing in the basic defini-
    tion about the state of the universe--perfect or otherwise.

It's a choice whether or not to have a faith in a possibility. You can only
    milk so much prove is or isn't from it with the quality of the universe or any-
    thing else. Those pushing too hard in either direction, intending to distinguish
    themselves from those of the other extreme, ironically remind me of each other.

It's a choice whether or not to have a faith and nobody told them. It can be
    a honey of a thing kept in perspective and done up right, but I don't want
    either of them writing the song for me.

In this case, perfect or desolate universe. You either get someone who seems
    like Ned Flanders who just stepped out of a Mary Poppins movie or "Life is a
    swirling sucking eddy of death and despair." The Harris quote seems meant like
    the latter to pad an atheist case:

"The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there
    is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind,
    pitiless indifference."

Does that universe include people and what good he can find in getting a
    chance at life and love in it? He's got to lay off the Franz Kafka books for a
    while. I like him sometimes--I hope he's feeling better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - Are you including aphids in that? You do realise we would be knee deep in greenfly within days if there was no animal predation?

Do you get my point yet?

I do, but I would put bugs in a separate category. I work with the idea of souls and I don't think every bug has a soul. It may be that all aphids share the same essence and therefore on that line of reasoning share a collective soul. The leaves fall but the tree stays type of thing. A big cat on the other hand would have a single soul like a human does. The differential I use is brain capacity.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Also I don't care for the words "perfect" and "imperfect". I like to use the word "good" because that's what is used in Genesis 1 to describe all of the creation in the natural world. Something that is good is good for something. Therefore "has purpose" = "perfect" and "has no purpose" = "imperfect."

-Sab

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The JWs tried to run that howler by me, saying that creation was perfect.

So I opened up the holybible and it said that creation was good. Not perfect. There is a couple Hebrew words for perfect (Noah was perfect in his generation) but the holybible writer chose to write that creation is good.

So I told them that I respect they have the opinion that creation was perfect, but that my conscience would only allow me to accept God's word and not the word of men, so I would have to accept that creation was good.

Watchtower doctrine is so irrational that it leads JWs to have these nonsensical views of creation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww75UH2Io74

• cofty
    cofty

Sab why did you answer one point from my reply and ignore all the rest. - oh wait its ok I think I know

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab why did you answer one point from my reply and ignore all the rest. - oh wait its ok I think I know

Because it was all the same point.

-Sab

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Wait, how do you draw the line on what has a soul? Brain capacity? Okay, so at what "brain capacity" do you no longer have a soul?

Glenster, I see what point you are trying to make. The only thing that makes us different than the other animals is that we have the ability to reason. That's it. Otherwise you would find the same pitiless indifference in humans too. It is actually already quite present in humans.

• cofty
    cofty
    I don't believe the Genesis account mentions the death of animals therefore it may be reasonable to assume they didn't die. - Sabatious
    I would put bugs in a separate category, I work with the idea of souls and I don't think every bug has a soul....A big cat on the other hand would have a single soul like a human does. - Sab
    why did you answer one point from my reply and ignore all the rest - Me
    Because it was all the same point - Sab

No it wasn't, you are behaving like a typical evasive theist faced with a difficult question.

Please address the points below....

If animals were not originally designed to kill why are Cheetahs perfect killing machines?

Same goes for birds like ospreys, owls and gannets.

How long would it take for the oceans to become overcrowded without the amazing food chain that exists there?

Why do animals have camoflague?

Why do snakes have venom?

Why do shark embryos kill hundreds of their siblings in the womb before they are even born? Why do they have a conveyerbelt of deadly teeth if not for ripping flesh?

Why do crocodiles have such powerful jaws?

• Twitch
    Twitch

Fake but still funny

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Yes! And it also is silly to consider that the universe is Intelligent Design.. It's really more like UN-intelligent design. Lions ripping and tearing the flesh of impalas, Whales gulping down millions of tons of tiny animal plankton, plants dying and becoming fertilizer, everything becoming fertilizer in the end... And what about poop? I've always wondered why god made poop so disgusting. Why can't we poop flowers or ice cream sundaes? If I created the universe that's the kind of thing I would do.

I would not have war, or rape or any of that stuff. We'd have time travel, MAGIC, nobody would be poor, nobody would starve to death. we'd be able to fly. breathe under water. Urine would be a sweet beverage. There would be no pain. We'd live like a bunch of puppies playing around. I'm so bored with this reality. So yeah, I could do a much better job than God. I'm just banking that heaven will make up for our pitiful earthly existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit