God's Perfect Creation

by MrFreeze 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So, one of the main things that JW's teach is that when God first created everything, it was all perfect. No flaws in his creation. That is until you realize that the WT reasons that Adam and Even knew what death was because the animals died.

*Insert record scratch*

Hold on just one second. God's creation was perfect, yet the animals were all dying? I thought the whole thing about being perfect was no death. So I guess Jehovah's creation wasn't so perfect after all. God's whole plan was to create animals so they would keep suffering and dying? What is so perfect about that? After all, we are taught we only die because we are imperfect. Why did all the animals get screwed in this deal?

Edit for added comment: We can reason that Jehovah is a kitten murderer in addition to all the instances where he killed children. Way to go... God. And you want me to worship you? Go screw yourself!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Good point.

The whole perfection thing doesn't make a lick of sense if you really think about it.

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

MrFreeze, Pleeeeeease jus Think Rasionally for ONE SECOND

A lion was created with Massive paws, with big nails on, with a mouth full of teeth designed to tear flesh off.

Now Could you please tell me, what were they eating?? GRASS?? yea right!

Or better yet, the maggots, if nothing ever dies, What would they eat??

Animals and the cycle they go though werent designed to live forever.

"a deer's is an animal, it functions on instinct and does not have the capacity to feel emotion like humans.. It's not like the the deer go around thinking " oh poor us, we're only going to be eaten"...."

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I am thinking rationally. Why weren't the animals designed to live forever? Why did God design animals with big nasty teeth and paws? Why would a loving God design animals that rip each other apart? There is much suffering inherent in the animal kingdom. That doesn't sound like the work of a loving creator to me.

• OldGenerationDude
    OldGenerationDude

Of course you are speaking about the Watchtower interpretation itself, and not about other theology.

If there is a God and we blame God based on what the Watchtower teaches, isn't that saying that we believe what the Governing Body claims about itself--that if there were an Almighty, All-Powerful, All-Knowing Entity of the highest intelligence, the Governing Body and it's ever-changing non-academic theology is the only representation of God humankind can ever hope to have?

I think that gives the Governing Body a little too much in its favor.

The interpretation of the Genesis by the Watchtower is quite unique to itself and not representative of the views of other religions or groups that believe in a deity or in the God of Abraham. It does not seem logical to say that the Watchtower is false why claiming that its theology about God is true. Since the Watchtower says that death is a flaw, does that mean God is thus defined by the Governing Body, that they are the only ones who have it right? And if they are the ones who have it right, aren't you thus saying you are wrong? For example, Jewish theology doesn't teach that death is a sign of imperfection or a flaw. Are you thus addressing and speaking of the God of the Jews?

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Yes I know. I feel like my dog is my best friend. So I get to live billions of years but have to get a new best friend every ten years? Doesnt seem fair. So much for that no more tears thing, cause I am a big construction worker but I will bawl like a baby when something happens to my dog. I can't even think anymore about it.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I think it would have been pretty cool to have undying animals.

1. It would make a clear distinction between man and animal, thus showing mans obvious imperfect state compared with the rest of nature.

2. I think over thousands of years, animals would have developed the ability to talk, and would be super intelligent. It'd be like some Chinese animated film.

3. Some people would start worshipping these animals as gods, becoming one with nature and doing all kindsa freaky stuff.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

OGD, there are plenty of non-JW's who believe the whole "we were supposed to live forever" thing. JW's are the only religion that I know of, however, that thinks that animals were all vegetarians before Adam and Eve sinned.

puff, that is an interesting though. Most JW's don't think about crying over their animals dying but I know plenty of them who have cried over pets that have died.

Yeah Flat, it would have been interesting indeed. I do wonder how different the world would be if animals were immortal and humans died.

• shamus100
    shamus100

KITTEN MURDERER??? KITTEN MURDERER???

WHAT ABOUT MONKEY MURDERER!!!! >:O

• sabastious
    sabastious

I don't believe the Genesis account mentions the death of animals therefore it may be reasonable to assume they didn't die. This logical approach sheds light to a possible reason why the sacrificing of animals held special meaning. When "sin entered into the world" it may have affected even the animals. Since we now know that our bodies today come from them it would be reasonable to assume that sin and death also affects them. Therefore to atone for the sin a life would be required. An animal life loss isn't as harsh as that of a human life so that may be why they were chosen in the beginning. Innocent bystanders as an interim atonement until the real sacrifice of Christ would be ready. Just some thoughts.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit