Was Any Part of it Real?

by Big Tex 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Some of us were true believers and really loved each other

Good to see you again Snowbird. How are you?

Terry touched on it earlier, but I'm trying to understand the difference between "real" and "fake". They say until you conuer the core reason you're doomed to repeat the same mistake again and again. So I'm looking back on the JWs, lots of conversations out in service, all that nonsense we all believed leading up to 1975. Back then I believed that world was real. But it wasn't, it was all built on a lie.

23 years is a long time and I've no issues with the JWs themselves, but I am curious about some of the people; I'm curious about the mechanics of friendships. People come and go in this life and there's a time for everything. Looking big picture every single thing in this universe is temporary.

As I say I'm curious about some of those relationships. They're over and long since gone, maybe the people themselves have passed on. But that world we all lived in, the JW world, was a facade and built on lies. Snowbird I'm hearing what you said is that some of those friendships were real and some were not, some were conditional and some just had their time. Interesting.

Chris

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Today I received my answer. The answer is, not surprisingly ... No.

Knowledge is power and now I know. I believe it was Nitzche who said "There is that which is and there is that which we would like it to be."

I've always, from day one of entering the building, wanted see that which is irregardless. As the District Overbeer used to say "It's all good".

Chris

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

One of the prophecies that Jesus actually got RIGHT was where he said he'd turn "brother against brother", which sadly, is true.

If one's own siblings, and even one's parents, will sell out their own offspring and siblings to save their OWN eternal skin, then JWs should be proud for forcing that prophecy to come true. Kudos, fellas! Job WELL DONE!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Friendships created and regulated by a religious cult are never true or real relationships they are pretentiously formulated by design.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

((((((((((((((((((Chris)))))))))))))))))) They sure sucked a lot from our lives. That much is truth and that much is real.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

It was real. close friends/family together, all under the influence. But it was still real. Real experiences, real feelings while believing the same lie.

Then when we woke up and they stayed asleep, they had to cut us off and dissolve any connection. Those that still believe in the religion choose it above any real friendship they had with those that leave. But they were friends. I did have real friends and real family that I really love.

What isn't real is the lies we were all told. Lots and lots of sincere people, many who genuinely love others....all while living under the heavy hand of the watchtower.

I feel where you are coming from. I questioned everything once my eyes began to open after leaving...everything. Today I can say I believe that the sky is still blue and that cats and dogs have four legs...and a few other things...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    They sure sucked a lot from our lives. That much is truth and that much is real

Moreso an individual than a group. But that's okay. Now I know. So now I can start the journey of 10,000 steps.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I guess I mean the governing body and their policies, Tex, but I think I am breaking your code there. Around the globe lay the ashes of such ill fated journeys, relationships and dreams.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    It was real. close friends/family together, all under the influence. But it was still real. Real experiences, real feelings while believing the same lie.

But, the sake of discussion, you discover that that person you trusted and believed in was nothing but a facade? What if you discovered that they were lying not only to you but to themselves? And everything they were, everything they did was built upon a false facade?

And so I say again, it was never real. I was real. What I felt was real. The love and devotion were real. But at the end of the day you realize you can only control yourself and the only person you can really understand and believe in is yourself.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I guess I mean the governing body and their policies, Tex, but I think I am breaking your code there. Around the globe lay the ashes of such ill fated journeys, relationships and dreams.

You are very perceptive.

Just a night of free flowing thoughts. And really it's all good. I'm feeling pretty good. As I say knowledge is power.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit