How about 10 favourite albums (er, cd's)

by amicus 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• amicus
    amicus

How about your 10 all time favourite CD's
    Mine:
    Beach Boy's -Pet Sounds
    Stones-Aftermath or Exile on Main Street (it's a tie)
    John Mayall-Bare Wires
    Hendrix- Axis bold as Love
    REM- Murmer
    Traffic-Traffic(2nd album)
    Doors- Strange Days
    Enya- Shepard Moons
    Beatles- Abbey Road
    Van Morrison- Poetic Champions Compose
    Buffalo Springfield- Last Time Around
    Carol King- Tapestry
    Dylan- Highway 61 Revisited
    Roxy Music- Avalon
    U2- Joshua Tree
    Bob Marley- Exodus
    (Ok, 16 favourite CD's)

• Seven
    Seven

Sgt.Pepper-Beatles, The Wall-Floyd, Court and Spark-Joni Mitchell, Exile on Main Street-Stones, U2-Joshua Tree, The Cream of Clapton, Smash Hits-Hendrix, Tears of Stone-Chieftains, WhiteAlbun-Beatles, The Divine Miss M-Bette Midler

• Sassenach
    Sassenach

In no particular order:

(this is what I have been listneing to lately, I am sure I could think of another 50 or so of my favorites.)

Rush--Hemisperes

Nazareth's greatest hits

Guns and Roses--Appetite for Destruction

Paul McCartney and Wings--Band on the Run

Def Lepperd--Hysteria

Chris de Burgh--Spanish Train

Queen--A Night at the Opera

Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits

Trooper--Hot Shots

Aerosmith--Permanent Vacation

Edited by - Sassenach on 19 January 2001 9:49:12

• waiting
    waiting

Queen - greatest hits.
    Chicago - greatest hits.
    Van Morrison (most of them),
    Curtis Stiger - his one was good.
    Supertramp - Breakfast in America.
    Steely Dan - Aja
    Dave Mathews Band
    Jackson Brown
    Elton John - the old stuff "Benny & the Jets"
    The Committments

• Snowball
    Snowball

Tori Amos "Venus Orbiting" (i could FILL this list with Tori!)

Beth Orton "Central Reservation"

Loreena McKennit "Live in Paris and Toronto"

Sarah MacLachlan "Mirrorball" (or "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy")

Mediaeval Baebes "Undrentide"

Enya "Paint the Sky With Stars"

Pink Floyd "Pulse"

Shawn Colvin "A Few Small Repairs"

Bruce Springsteen "Live '75-'85"

Fleetwood Macs greatest Hits

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Snowball,

Like women, eh?

Fleetwood Mac will always be around, imho. My kids learned to walk to their records. Remember the "Tusk" album? We were homebound during the snows, 3 little ones. I turned the volume waaaay up, and then we'd dance. I'd make them dance until they were so dizzy, they'd fall down giggling.

Then hopefully, they'd nap. Which was my plan, btw.

waiting

• Snowball
    Snowball

Hehehe, you noticed, Waiting?

Yea i must admit that my favorite singers are female. I just love the female voice. My first album i ever bought was Stevie Nicks :Wild Heart. And man, Fleetwood Mac is one of the greatest bands ever, IMO!

Tusk was awesome...but then, so were any of their albums! I wanna get "The Chain" DVD of their live concert.

I guess my appreciation for female artists has also led me into celtic music where they reign supreme as queens! :-)

Then there are times i can get by on nothing but Tori Amos or Sarah MacLachlan! True magic! And lets not forget Alanis Morrisette or Sade or Heart or Sinead Lohan or the Pretenders or the Sundays....oh it could go on and on....

I only regret that I never made it to a Lilith Fair concert :(

• Grunt
    Grunt

Don't know if anyone will see this or not, but I missed this thread when it was up I guess! So for my own self-edification I will list my favorites. Like Snowball, I do love the female voice, but I also get a lot out of songs by men. For instance, Green River CCRevival will always have the ability to whisk me back to California where I listened to it so much and got so homesick for Alabama. Great guitar work appeals to me a lot also.

My favorites in no order:

Linda Ronstadt's greatest hits - Blue Bayou and Baby, Baby best songs

Mariah Carey Music Box - Hero, Anytime You Need a Friend

Credence Clearwater Revival Chronicle - Susie Q, Green River, Bad Moon, Fortunate Son many more

Rolling Stones Some Girls - Miss You, Beast of Burden, Shattered

Barbara Striesand Memories - New York State of Mind, Coming in and Out of Your Life, You Don't Give Me Flowers

Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits - Folsom Prison Blues, Big River, Sunday Morning Coming Down

Stevie Ray Vaughn Austin City Limits (I think it was) - Cold Shot, all of them really.

Beatles - The Beatles (new red album of hits) lots.

The Temptation's Greatest Hits - Lots, but esp. Papa Was a Rolling Stone, Wish it Would Rain and My Girl

Roy Orbison's Greatest Hits - Blue Bayou (he and Linda are equals and should have done a duet!) It's Over, Crying

Martina McBride Evolution - Broken Wing, Wrong Again, Whatever You Say

Oops, too many and I didn't even get to Tina Turner and What's Love Got to With it or You Better Be Good to Me, or I Don't Want to Fight Anymore. Oh well.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Umm... my choices are more from the 90s, but then, I'm younger than most of you

1. Savage Garden - self-titled

2. Enya - Shepherd Moons

3. Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving

4. Madonna - Ray of Light

5. Shania Twain - Come On Over

6. Notting Hill - sound track

7. The Very Best of Elton John - 1st CD of 2 CD set

8. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

9. Anything by ABBA (at least I'm honest enough to admit liking them!)

10. Classical music - Mozart, Beehoven, Bach etc.

Also currently listening to -

Anastacia - Not That Kind

Filippa Giordano - self titled

• amicus
    amicus
    Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits - Folsom Prison Blues, Big River, Sunday Morning Coming Down

Hey Grunt,
    i just started a project at Folsom Prison and it got me thinking about J. Cash's old songs. I now drive to work with the radio off singing F. Prison blues, Ring of Fire, Girl from the North Country (with Dylan)and others. I think Cash is underappreciated.
    The Project I just began is a new maximum security wing. Home for the baddest of the bad. Two men housed in a 6' by 8' cell 23 hours a day is a living hell. If they behave, they get 1 hour a day to shower and exercise in an outdoor cage that is just a little more spacious. It gives a whole new meaning to "Give me liberty or give me death.". It also makes the words "I'm stuck in Folsom Prison until I don't know when" come alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit