What do you think would happen if somebody in the GB needed blood

by keep 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome, Keep!

I will try to locate the reference to JW hemophiliacs requiring something called Factors VII and VIII. I recall that there was pressure exerted upon Fred Franz (he and Clayton Woodworth were the originators of the blood ban) to relent and allow these JWs to seek medical recourse utilizing "forbidden" components.

It seems the compromise was their having been granted a one time treatment.

Later ...

CoCo

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

I think what would happen is that someone in the Writing Department is composing a beautiful color brochure to be passed out at the upcoming funeral.

d

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It might even have happened for all we know, and hushed up. You know, like they used to get young adult Bethel Boys for GB members trying to fight their pedophile feelings. They might have gotten some girls for others.

• Cacky
    Cacky

I honestly think they'd take blood.

• jemba
    jemba

If they did take blood secretly then they have the blood of thousands of people on their hands who they have upheld the 'no blood even till death' doctrine on. Having said that Im sure some of them still would.

• jemba
    jemba

Cocos comment on the hemophiliacs only being allowed one treatment is one of the weirdest and most hypocritical of all the rules they ever made. If they think abstaining really means total abstinence then how can it be ok to have even one dose?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I would have to speculate that since they sincerely believe they are on the way to heaven, they'd die a martyr's death and expect to be greeted by Jehovah in the cloudy expanse of the afterlife.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Keep: forgive me for being rude. WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!

Kojack

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Rules are for people, not for the gods themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit