What do you think would happen if somebody in the GB needed blood

by keep 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• keep
    keep

Would they refuse the transfusion? Or come up with a "new understanding" that you can accept blood in certain situations?

btw as you can see this is my first post so Hi

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Hi and welcome. I think they would refuse blood and die for that cause. They're nuts.

• lost1
    lost1

New here myself but going to say welcome. Loads of good advice and lovely people here. NS - I totally agree with you!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Welcome!

I think they refuse. They are captives of a concept

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"What do you think would happen if somebody in the GB needed blood"

He would take it and keep it on the DL

• sir82
    sir82

Depends on the circumstances.

If it were a traumatic injury and immediate transfusion of whole blood or packed red cells was the only way to save his life, he'd "die for the cause".

If it were a case of a slow-moving illness and a currently-banned "blood component" would save his life, I think you'd see "new light" following an emergency GB session.

I sometimes wonder if the softening of the blood ban, from "anything even remotely associated with blood is forbidden" in the 60's to "anything goes except for these particular fractions" in the 00's was prompted by the medical needs of friends or family of influential Bethel heavies.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome Keep!

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Keep. I would have died as a JW rather than take blood so I suppose they would too.

I do suspect at least some of them know they have got it wrong on the blood issue though.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree with Shirley. They are not honest with us now, why would they put their life on the line. Rememeber that innoculations were the devil and "eating blood" until, the GB realized it would restrict their travel if they declined innoculations.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I would say they would accept and adjust new light or simply do it without r&f finding out. I always wondered if any of the changes regarding allowing fractions had anything to do with any of them needing it or any top dogs taking "transfusion" in a fraction form and adjusting the lite for the rest afterwards. They could get private room with no disturbing for the period of transfusion and you don't think that any HLC elders would come spying on them do you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit