Brits

by NewChapter 61 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I have been in the habit of calling British people Brits. I don't do this perjoratively, or with any negative connotation. But recently I saw a comment by an English person who disliked the term. So my question. Is it rude to refer to British people as Brits---and I just don't know this, or was it just this person's personal peeve?

I hear Americans called Yanks---and it never even made me blink an eye.

So I'm not sure---and almost used the term Brits a minute ago and edited to say British people. So tell me----is it offensive? Is there another term that is more polite? DO YOU HATE ME?

Thank you.

NC

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Brits is fine by me. I'm English, you may find the people who object more are the English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh nationalists.

• Diest
    Diest

I think they prefer United Kingdomers...I think their city council meet in a Kingdom Hall.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I wouldn't think "Brits" Would be Offensive...........

Like You being Called A Yank from away one ............ (EXCEPT THE SOUTH LOL) Kidding my Southern Friends............ Doesn't bother me.

And I'm FROM BOSTON!!!!!!!!! FU** YOU YANKEES!!!!!!!! LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm proud to be called a Brit!

Just don't suffix it with "prick"!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

hahaha Charlie, you beat me to it. Darn Yanks!

I call English people Britons.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Normad Soul..... LMAO...

LEE SUCKED LOL

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Sam Houston ruled.

• varian
    varian

depends about the subject i suppose.

some think about the boozers on the island tenneriffa....you know...the ones with all the tatoos (mum and dad)...the sun burnt skin...and every second word beginning with a "f".

oh of course...and eating everything with baked beans...

:-)

• ambersun
    ambersun

I'm an English Brit and I certainly don't hate you NewChapter

Brit is just an abbreviation of the word British so I don't see how anyone could be offended by the term.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit