Do you still say JEHOVAH when scared to chase away the demons?

by Greybeard 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I was scared stiff of the demons all of my life growing up as a JW. You know the stories. I am WAY more open minded now that I have been out for 3 years or so. A few months ago I decided to look into hypnotism on youtube. I found this one that said something like "works every time"... (sorry, can't remember) and I was really getting into it... Felling REAL CALM and RELAXED... watching the screen in a total trance like state... Then all of the sudden... SCREAM BLODDY MURDER with a red demon like clown face SCREAMING VERY LOUDLY came up! I jumped up yelling, "JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH!!! My wife comes runing yelling, "JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH! WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT HAPPENED? After I calmed down I could't stop laughing... I got pranked... This could have given me a heart attack!

• JWOP
    JWOP

LOL! THAT is just Toooooo funny!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interestingly, Jesus is the name used to expel demons.

• Mark 9:38-39 "John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me;"
    • wasblind
      wasblind

I didn't grow up witness, so if I'm caught off guard

it's usually a four letter word that comes out first

accompanied by the passin' of gas

• Greybeard
      Greybeard

That is a GREAT point Paul (jwfacts) But we all know what we were taught to say. It is a REAL hard habit to break. i wonder how many who have been out a long time and do not believe still do this.

• Kojack57
      Kojack57

Greybeard: I've seen that before. The one I saw was a car driving down this long winding road for about a minute, and then the red clown face popped up screeming. Scared the crap out of me.

Kojack

• mrsjones5
      mrsjones5

Born and raised I've never pulled the jehovah card either before or after leaving the bOrg. When I was on the inside I thought all the demon talk was hooey but in the back of my mind I thought maybe I just didn't have the faith to see demons. Don't think that way now.

• Greybeard
      Greybeard

@ Kojack57

My heart was pounding man... I was in a VERY calm relaxed state. Then BANG! Within a NANO SECOND I put hypnotism together with demons (in my head) and I think this little trick worked way better than expected on me. It was crazy... I said it more than three times and I started praying out loud holding my wife while she kept saying Jehovah. This was no small thing... Then... after I calmed down and was brave enough to go back to my computer and watch it again, I couldn't stop laughing at what happened. I did honestly feel this prank could cause heart failure so I did report it to youtube

• NewChapter
      NewChapter

I only say Jehovah if that is the name of the particular demon I'm dealing with! Of course, I don't always know their names.

• wasblind
      wasblind

Josie,

you knew this religion was bull, even in your moms womb , very smart

as for me, I was a dumb ass at the door. still kickin myself

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit