Any conspiracy theories you're convinced has some truth to it?

by MC RubberMallet 78 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

Well this isn't a conspiracy theory per se, because I don't have an alternative explanation.

I still don't think the morphology of JFK's cranial injuries are at all consistent with a bullet fired from a 6.5 Mannlicher Carcano. And I'm not the only person familiar with firearms and firearm injuries who's made this observation. Firearms expert, Massad Ayoob has said it more than once.

Briefly, the 6.5X52mm cartridge is slightly less powerful than the more familiar American 30-30, giving a nominal MV of 2200 fps with a 165 grn bullet. Besides it's relatively low power, the single most striking features of this cartridge are the unsusually high sectional density of the bullet (Ratio of diameter to length) and its thick copper jacket.

You can put a watermelon on a fence post and shoot it with the 6.5X52 cartridge / FMJ bullet combination. I've done it. The melon, won't get knocked off the fence post. It won't even jump. All you'll get is neat clean 6.5mm holes that look like they were punched with a cookie cutter. This is typical of non-expanding, slow moving bullets, with high SD's They do not transfer their energy to the target.

One of these bullets passed through the chest cavity of Governor Connally. This certainly had the potential to be a lethal shot as it was within what is considered to be the kill zone in human beings The Governor didn't die, partly due to the actions of his wife, Nellie, but mostly due the fact that the bullet punched a neat, clean 6.5mm hole in him with very little in the way of hemorrhagic shock and other collateral tissue damage. The Governer was actually propped up in bed, giving an interview very soon after the incident. This is entirely consistent with being struck from behind by a slow moving, monolithic bullet.

You can put a watermelon on a fence post and shoot it with anything in the centerfire 22 family (e.g. .223 Remington, 220 Swift etc.) and get very different results. These cartridges fire extremely fast moving bullets with low sectional densities. The watermelon will likely explode into pieces and even when it doesn't, a chunk will be knocked out of the exit hole the size of your fist.

The movement of the President's head (Frames 307-330) and the nature of the cranial damage were not consistent with being struck from behind by a slow moving, monolithic bullet. It is consistent with a much faster bullet with a lower sectional density.

Like Cofty, I've watched the documentaries which deconstruct some of the more inane theories surrounding this assasination. However when it comes to answering this question, the 'experts' resort to comparing the wounds inflicted by a 30-30 to those inflicted by a 6.5X52 because both catridges propel bullets of comparable weight at comparable velocities. (These comparisons are usually based upon photos in the book, Gunshot Wounds: Practical Aspects of Firearms, Ballistics, and Forensic Techniques. DiMaio, Vincent J.M.: Elsevier Science Publishing Co., Inc., New York, NY; 1985)

Problem is the 30-30 is a hunting cartridge, not a military cartridge and most firearms chambered in this round have tubular magazines. Consequently, this cartridge is loaded with soft nosed bullets 99.9% of the time. Apple and Orange comparisons don't answer the question

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

also research "Air Force 2025" to see what the military plans for weather control are.

seriously, just google "geoengineering", "edward teller" and/or "SPICE program"

do your own research instead of letting cofty make up your mind for you.

• Twitch
    Twitch

whatever. I really don't give a shit, lol

• cofty
    cofty

I haven't pretended to present a shred of evidence, I'm simply pointing out the basic absurdity of the conspiracy addicts position.

I'm amused that you think internet conspiracy sites are the way to do research.

TD- very interesting thanks. Thats the sort of measured comment that is very much worth considering. Has anybody ever addressed that specifically?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The thing that always strikes me about these conspiracy theories is how vast they need to be. They never require 2 or 3 people to keep the secret, but hundreds, thousands even, and entire departments and more than one government. And these people must be nearly omnicient in their powers--forseeing every possible contingency----something that would really only be possible in hindsight---light when a conspiracy theorist can look at everything and link it together to lead to a predecided conclusion.

Obama's birth for intstance. First---this would have been 4 decades in the making. Very ordinary people with a biracial child in the 1960's would have had to have planned for their child/grandchild to one day be president, and make up birth announcements. Pretty much unheard of in the 60's. And not only would they have started to plan it all that long ago (no reason to, he was already American because of his mother---the only prohibition placed on him would have been becoming POTUS) they would have had to have the cooperation of equally average people around them, and the country of Kenya. Coming forward, they would have needed the cooperation of the state of Hawaii.

Conspiracy theories grow and grow and encompass an ever growing bucket of co-conspirators. How unlikely. Two people who see the exact same accident rarely agree on what they saw. We are talking about several generations, vast distances, and crowds of people all saying the same thing.

It becomes tiring.

• TD
    TD

Cofty,

Has anybody ever addressed that specifically?

Yes, but the 'answer' is to basically say, "Well a 30-30 is capable of inflicting this type of damage, so the 6.5X52 could too." That's as specific as it ever gets.

That's not really a satisfactory answer, because 30-30's are almost never loaded with thick jacketed bullets like Oswald fired. It's extremely dangerous because it can produce sympathetic detonations in a tubular magazine, which will kill the shooter almost instantly.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes, but the 'answer' is to basically say, "Well a 30-30 is capable of inflicting this type of damage, so the 6.5X52 could too."

That's frustrating! Thanks for the info.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I can't believe it's 2012 and people still think we didn't land on the moon.

I should've clarified. I meant USA being the first on the moon during the space race. I do believe those specific photos were staged. Overall, though, I do believe the proof that we've been there since.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I think there's a sliver of truth to many conspiracy theories.

It may not be a sliver that supports it though.

As such I don't spend much time/energy on them.

My thoughts:

JFK - second shooter

Moon landing - happened

Alien abductions - complete fabrications

Secret Societies - exist, but likely focused on financial gain rather than world government

Governments spread disease - no

Big pharma more focused on treatments than cures - yes

Illuminati - See "secret societies"

While I'd hate to think that the Government was in any way a part of 9/11, I do admit that anytime I see pictures of plane crashes I see massive debris fields. I think of my own vision of a clean hole in the side of the pentagon and a few scraps on the lawn. I don't think the government was involved in the towers, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear they piggybacked the pentagon attack for personal interests.

• cofty
    cofty

I do believe those specific photos were staged.

The landing of Apollo 11 on the moon on 20th June 1969 was confirmed by a number of international tracking stations including the world famous Jodrell Bank Observatory in England. Sir Bernard Lovell was among the observers that listened to transmissions coming directly from the moon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit