How large is Societies legal department?

by puffthedragon 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They have to send Bethelites and known faithful(or trapped!) to law school because very few lawyers in practice would convert. NOT because lawyers are better or even smarter than people in general, but because they are trained to look for inconsistencies and contradictions. I honestly can't see how a lawyer with fully formed skills AS a lawyer would become a JW (which explains a lot of the nonsense from Rutherford, IMO, he was a hack).

I honestly don't know how someone with the gullibility of a 4 year old could convert in these modern day times when so much information is available about the WTS.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

As to the ethical issues that these lawyers should be concerned with; these are the same people that for years have told each other to turn in friends and associates that were JWs if they received medical treatment that indicated they had done something against the religion.In spite of LAWS that forbid it. This is the same group of folks that has consistently discouraged families from going to the authorities if their children were abused by someone within the organization.

Chilling? Not an issue for them,I'd say. Their ethical foundation is cracked from the start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit