How large is Societies legal department?

by puffthedragon 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Thanks everyone, especially Barbaramfor the details.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There were about 6 or 7 attorneys living at Bethel in the early 1990s compared to the 15 living at Patterson in 2003.

Wow, actually living there. Like they are so needed they can't just commute in. The fact that they are sending brothers out to become attorneys tells u something is very wrong here. It appears their purpose is not the education of bible truths to the masses, but on survival. Simply surviving their many peculiar policies and teacheings

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

In 2007 they sent a brother from Wallkill to Patterson's legal dept. He is still receiving a legal education.

Edit: My source is I know the brother personally. I don't feel comfortable giving out his name. For me, it's not just a rumor, I can GUARANTEE it. For everyone else, I am sorry I can't provide more info than that.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

MC:

Did the guy (I don't call people brother/sister anymore) that wts sent to school have him sign any papers before he was able to attend college? Could he get educated and never work for wts after? What's the scoop on these people getting free education, paid with funds coming from r&f who are told higher forms of education are bad for them?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I'm not sure what his post-education stipulation specifics are.

I have known of brothers who needed expensive surgery, and society paid for it on the basis they remain with the 'family' for a certain amount of time, though. I would not be surprised if that was the case with him.

He is married, so they know he won't leave for that.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Barbara: 'what irony and absurdity this is for a religion to have a greater need for secular lawyers than for religious editorial writers.'

My guess would be that having a sizable legal department to deal with problems is the next best thing to having 'The Helper', 'The Holy Spirit', which obviously WT doesn't have.

Thank you Barbara

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

John Miller III? How common are numerals after your name at bethel?

The only name I recognise there is Carolyn Wah. I notice Judah Ben Schroeder isn't listed.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Insightful information Barb, thanks

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

AndersonsInfo: Brumley runs the Legal Department and ... the Society put him through law school.

Really! Seriously!

Is this the same "Society" the instructs the R&F that they should NOT pursue Higher Education?

I continue to be astounded at the magnitude, the depth and the breadth of the hypocrisy of the leadership of this religion. Their lies and hypocrisy are so outrageous!

Unbelievable .... can't believe that I ever believed those bastards!

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit