My take on the new Be Jehovah's Friend DVD

by blond-moment 40 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting presentation Captain Janeway, I mean, Blonde Moment.

Yes, showing an illustration of the two people whose actions, according to the Bible, led to the sentencing of the entire human race to futility and death is supposed to somehow parallel a young boy playing with a toy wizard. Mind bloggling.

• watson
    watson

I'm all "tingly"!

• finally awake
    finally awake

wonderful commentary! I hope my kids never feel like they have to hide things from me again.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good job! One point I just thought of was that this scene must not have taken place on a meeting night Who in the world has time for bike rides on meeting nights? Oh, and another thing, what kind of kid would rather ride bikes with their mom over doing so with friends?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Awesome video. I think you're much cuter than Janeway, by the way, but with a voice that's equally as awesome.

But that's so true--those are your options, drone or double life. For the most part, I went with the drone path, or else just immersed myself in solitude. Better to be alone than to subject your relationships to constant WT/parental scrutiny. Even as an adult this kind of crap continues. You literally can't enjoy anything without some kind of annoying thought-stopping questions going on. I wonder if this is why I started writing down my thoughts, because there was no way to actually talk about them with anyone at home? Hmm.

Oh, and another thing, what kind of kid would rather ride bikes with their mom over doing so with friends?

Not I. Then again, what kind of kid would rather ride bikes with their mom over playing with SPARLOCK??? My mom loved riding bikes, and I couldn't stand it. Actually cut myself after a fall once and never really wanted to do it again. Well, I never wanted to do it at all, but what was I going to do, say no to my mother? I was in constant fear of a beating, even though I rarely ever got beat, just watched my brother get beatings and it scared me enough to obey.

On the plus side, my mom was fairly liberal, so...we got to play games that had fighting or even magic in them, but not too much. Like, we could play The Legend of Zelda, but not Ghosts & Goblins or Castlevania. Or we could play Street Fighter II, but not Mortal Kombat.

But yeah, Caleb is lucky. Some kids may well have gotten spanked over something like this. Don't know if my mom would've spanked over something like that, though. Maybe, depends on the day....

--sd-7

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, imporant thread

• snowbird
  • snowbird
    snowbird

bump

• Dagney
    Dagney

Well done! Great commentary.

• steve2