My take on the new Be Jehovah's Friend DVD

by blond-moment 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Pig
    Pig

two things i just thought of then

Notice they didnt throw sparlock in their home waste bin. Or even their outside wheely bin. They put it in a dump master bin.

They must have walked to find one so that he could continue demonising the house from inside their bin.

Secondly, notice how the mother made her son throw it out. When my parents didnt want me to have something they would take it away and throw it out when i wasnt looking. But this bitch makes the poor little boy be the one to throw his magical little friend in the bin. Therefore he may feel guiilty and he was made to feel it was HIS decition and HE did the actual act of throwing it out. When he tells his friend (who gave him the gift) what happened to sparlox he will have to say "I threw it out" not "mum threw it out"

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Great video blond-moment

Now I know why you have Captain Janeway as your avatar, you sound just like her (well from my Aussie ears anyway)

@ Pig Good points!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Excellent video blond moment.

As someone else mentioned, one of the strangest things about the video is how unconvinced Caleb seems by his mother throughout. He looks resigned and broken rather than won over to his mother's point of view. It's such a contrast with the carefree wee boy who enters the scene playing with Sparlock.

Conditional love: sadly you are right that is the biggest lesson about the Watchtower organisation from this video.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Blomd Moment,

I agree with everything you said-wholeheartedly! I hope we see you way before November!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

November 5, 2017. We are coming. Watch the move V with Natalie Portman, you will see the references.

Everyone of FB started to call me Janeway. I thought, I can work with that haha.

• cofty
    cofty

Excellent analysis, especially like your observation about conditional love.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, the conditional love part was good, as well as mention of the physical abuse that was encouraged.

If Caleb had my mom, he would have had the living shit beaten out of him.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Jeeezuz F Christ! I didnt want to ever have to watch that dvd and was avoiding doing so for obvious reasons, but you have (quite reasonably and excellently done btw) included it in your analysis.

Anyhoo, I enjoyed your analysis, but damn i am angry now at this total utter shite being peddled by the WTS. Talk about a mind fuck! The mother is certifiably creepy and manipulative and plays the classic guilt cards. Many JWs (and ex JWs) will identify with that type of controlling / guilt ridden upbringing. I hope this backfires on the Borg.

• infpalex
    infpalex

blond-moment! Thank you so much for this video. I am so glad there are those out there exposing this type of stuff and who can show the real world all the lessons you are brainwashed into.

TY again!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Very good editorial and comments Blond-moment. I don't think that I ever had any collections that got tossed, but we weren't allowed to have the usual toys that were 'demonized'. (troll dolls, smurfs, ets)

I even recall... someone gave my mom some used clothing, and one of the dresses - for my sister - had sailor anchors (or something like that) for buttons. My mom had to cut them off and sew on some new buttons that were not sailor-themed. Kinda ruined the whole cute little dress... oh well.

I remember my mom taking me to a psychiatrist (I was 21 at the time). I guess that she thought that I was crazy or something. Well, the fella started talking to me, with my mom in the same room. I answered his questions... just like my mom would like to hear. There's no way I was going to tell this fella the truth. Not with my mom sitting there.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit