Caleb's Mom has some serious issues

by bats in the belfry 32 Replies latest jw friends

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Calab's mom is exhibiting some really psychopathic streaks in talking to him.

Her facial expression is on the weird side of things. If that is the kind of talking to I would have gotten over the years, eventually I would have saddled up, lock and loaded - at best moved out of home at an early age.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When my mother would hood her eyes like that in the 2nd and 12th pics I knew I was in big trouble. Brrrr! Having flashbacks.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WTS does not even begin to understand how eerily accurate the whole 'Sparlock' cartoon is.

No reasoning or scriptures whatsoever are offered to the child, just Mom's "Jehovah hates magic, you make Jehovah sad" statements. She has sunk to the level of just saying little Watchtower catch-phrases. I would be sure that in any future cartoons, they will stick with such statements that they think little kids will understand- "Wait on Jehovah" and the like.

It does a good job exposing WT's goal of having mindless followers. It's no wonder that the lurking JW's on FB or wherever who have heard from "apostates" about this cartoon have assumed that it's just way over the top and must be made up from apostates.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

What struck me as terribly 'off' was the childs reaction(imagined response) to the idea of upsetting his mom over the floor incident. Why would a normal kid even imagine that their mom would lose their mind over 8 footprints? Please! Is the WT trying to tell moms that this is an appropriate response to naughty children? Or children to think that it is something they should expect from their moms? Either way it is twisted.

As a mom, I tried to go with the "don't cry over spilled milk" approach. I think this results in a lot less temper tantrums (on both ends)

• wasblind
    wasblind

I could have fun wit this, here's my new script

Mom : How was your day at school ???

Caleb : we learned about Abraham Lincoln, and how he made the decision to free the slaves

Mom : Caleb, do you think Abraham Lincoln made Jehovah sad by not waiting on the kingdom ????

Caleb : But the slaves were sad, and exhausted from field service and visits from the overseer

Mom : But Jehovah is sadder, because Lincoln did not wait on the kingdom

Jehovah is made glad in our sadness, don't you want to continue

to make Jehovah glad ???

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Does Caleb's Mom make Jehovah sad with her evil facial expressions? Her voice sounds a bit scary too!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mom : How was your day at school

Caleb : We learned about the Civil Rights movement and Jim Crow laws

And how people marched to have equal rights

Mom : Do you think Martin Luther King and Rosa parks made Jehovah sad

By wanting to be treated decently in this life, when they should have waited

on the kingdom

Caleb : Maybe I should quit school

Mom : that would make Jehovah very happy , you will not finish anyway, because the end is so close

it's pressing against your eyeball ( Mom pokes Caleb in the eye )

• flipper
    flipper

Sparlocks mom is a twisted turd. She reminds me of my first JW ex-wife. Self righteous and passive aggressive to the penultimate

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mom : How was your day

Caleb : The teacher talked about the benefits of higher education

can I go to college mom ?

Mom : Do you think that would make Jehovah or happy or Saaaaaaaaaaaaad

Caleb : It will make him sad

Mom : with the end so close, it is better to seek this opportunity to

put the kingdom interest ( WTS ) first, and that makes Jehovah happy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mom : How was you day

Caleb : I sat in the office, during the class party, I told the teacher that they would be hung

or beheaded, for having one. The school psychiatrist wants to speak with you and dad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit