Have you lost your sense of "happy ever after"?

by londonlady 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have always been optimistic and thinking that happiness was always going to be with me, as long as I made each day happy. To wait for other people, or fate, or whatever to bring me happiness was awaste of the time I waited.

Make your own happiness and you will be happy ever after.

I know that is glib and easy to say,(or write), but I do believe it to be true, it is not always easy to do when you are in s***y circumstances though.

good luck XX

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I like to think of it as more like a riding off into the sunset after a hard-won fight. Almost like the ending of 'Seven Samurai'. You've lost a lot, but you did what needed to be done. It's bittersweet, in the end.

--sd-7

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes. I've come to realize that everything I expected about the future was a lie. We're all going to continue to age and eventually die. I'm already seeing my body being to fail me. Can't believe how many different doctors I see now. I realize I'll have to bury my parents and my kids will have to care for us in our old age and deal with our death as well.

I'm past the denial stage.

I'm still in the anger stage.

Doc

• cofty
    cofty

londonlady - it does feel strange and it took me a while to adjust to my own mortality. Truth isn't always comfy but it is really satisfying once you accept it. Life isn't a rehearsal.

• Dagney
    Dagney

As a JW you are indoctrinated to put everything off until "the real life" (TM). After too many years of doing that in varying degrees for things in everyday life, it did seem like I was swinging without a net when I left. Once you start appreciating life now, and people now, and happiness now, then you realize it can be "happy ever after", and it is a relief. I don't know how, but your mind shifts, thankfully.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

When I let go of the fairytale, the world became anything but ordinary. It became extraordiary. There is something so satisfying to appreciating the here and now, instead of waiting for it all to be wiped away so the good stuff can begin. Mortality is rough---that's why we made up stories. Suffering means a great deal more to me now, because this is our only chance. Reality can hurt. There are no satisfying answers to 'why'. It's just the way it is. But it's what we have, and it is extraordinary.

NC

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"happy ever after"?

I'd be content to be happy for an entire day without interruption.

W

• jam
    jam

I am so happy that I got out years ago. I don,t have

any allusions about death. As A JW I was so afraid of death,

if I was going to make it. Now I come to realize, it,s A process

of life . Realizing that fact have made my life more fulfilling.

If there is more, then so be it, but if not I am enjoying my life to

the full.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Seems most here consider the Bible and its promises a creation of the Jehovahs Witnesses.

Just because we have learnt the JWs to be just another religion of man, it doesnt mean God, Jesus and the Bible with its promises of a happy ever after are any less valid than before Russell was even born.

The Happy ever after is still available to you even without the Witnesses and their heavy burdens.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, I have lost my sense of "happily ever after" but I have gained my sense of "get my ass off the couch and start getting shit accomplished!" Much more fun than pining for nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit