Have you lost your sense of "happy ever after"?

by londonlady 22 Replies latest jw friends

• londonlady
    londonlady

I'm glad to be out but i've since had the sensation that the "happy ever after" ending i always thought would come will not come. There will be no happy ending, just an oridary life. Thats quite a werid sensation to contemplate... what do you think?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, it's the end of narrative, and the descent into nothing.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well real life isn't a fairytale but it's good cuz you're alive and free.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

If your reality was centered on the WTS fairytale of endless life on earth without death... Then yes,no happy ever after in that sense. But once you start centering your life on what's real and start asking the thought provoking questions, and searching for the answers, you'll never want to go back to the WTS fairytale.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Good Comment Soldier- I like how you put it all down - True Stuff

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"But once you start centering your life on what's real and..."

What if you no longer believe in the reality/appearance distinction?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

For the first couple years after leaving...yes. Then I started to live in the moment and it made a world of difference. My happy ever after is now.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

londonlady:

Even though I have moved on for the most part and am fairly happy, from time to time something reminds me of my witness experience and I am a little sad, so I know what you mean.

But, in all honesty, I am glad I am now in "reality". I know life is hard (I knew that before I became a JW), but I am healthier emotionally since I no longer entertain kingdom fantasies. I can't speak for anybody else, but they were very bad for my brain, especially when reality came crashing in as it usually did!

Glad the nonsense and head-trips are over.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Slimboy - Well, reality or the perception of reality is a sticky thing to explain. Ones perception is reality, their own reality, however false that may be. The question is what do we do to make sure our perception is based on level thinking and not one in extremes.

The pendulum swings to the opposite side of the spectrum, so the more extreme our thinking is to one view, it will swing the other way just as hard and bite us in the ass.

I don't know if that made any sense... Lol

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm a born-in. There was no "happy ever after" being in the bOrg. It was closer to being in hell. I hated field service and TMS (which for an introvert is pure torture), I hated the cliques, I hated the snide remarks from those who questioned my lack of fake spirituality. The promise of living in a paradise with those people never felt real and I never wanted it. I didn't realize how much I hated being in the bOrg until I left. One person's fairytale can be another's nightmare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit