I didn't get to play School Sports :-( ...did you?

by tresdecu 33 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

They tried to get me to pull my child out of extracurricular activities

but I would not do it

Most of the children who where not involed in anything usually

found trouble to keep them occupied

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

No, but thanks for bringin' it up (thick sarcasm intended).

• blondie
    blondie

They didn't have organized sports for "girls" when I was in school unless cheerleading is a sport (and it wasn't). But I wouldn't have been able anyway since my non-jw father (not favorable) would never have wasted a dime. I feel not taking college prep courses and not going to college was worse.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I wasn't allowed to be in sports or any after school activities til high school and I was only allowed in 2 clubs: French Club and Equestrian Club but not on the days when there were meetings. I think my sister was in some sort of art club and in band but only during school, not after school. I never understood why our mom let us go. No sports though, not that we were that interested in that anyway.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

tresdecu, No I did not, but I would love to play basketball for my high school. I also had elder dad too.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

No. I wanted to be in ballet, but had to quit because the classes were always on meeting nights. :(

• sinedie
    sinedie

I was allowed to join school's dance group and choir. However, I wasn’t allowed to perform with them at school plays or anywhere else, so I needed to quit because everyone else were constantly disappointed with me because they couldn't count on me.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

For me no extra curricular activities were permitted. Period.

Gawd I hate this fuckin cult.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Didn't any of you listen to Calebs " mother " ( WTS )

Playin' sports in school make Jehovah sad

do you want to make Jehovah sad ???

think of it this way, the sadder you are, the Happier Jehovah is

AREN'T YOU GLAD TO BE SAD !!!!!!!!!

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Wasblind: "think of it this way, the sadder you are, the Happier Jehovah is"

I had one of those 'move head up and down' moments when reading your comment.. Made me sad to see there is a lot of truth to that statement--*perpetrated* by the governing body!

* To carry out or commit (a harmful, illegal,or immoral action)

• NO SPORTS or anything FOR US

Sw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit