Sparlock ? Can somebody ,in a nutshell explain this ? to us oldies ! What does it have to do with the WTB&TS

by smiddy 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    will they sue for copy right infringement?

No, the name Sparlock can't be protected by copyright. But they could possibly sue for trademark infringement or intellectual property rights if someone tried to produce a toy wizard called Sparlock with the same likeness.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    No, the name Sparlock can't be protected by copyright. But they could possibly sue for trademark infringement or intellectual property rights if someone tried to produce a toy wizard called Sparlock with the same likeness.

A new toy wizard is on the drawing board at Hasbeen Toy Co....

Sparlock the Special Pioneer.

He gets in 150 hours a month in 2 days.

• Sparlock
    Sparlock

Honesty - I was never given the opportunity to pioneer. I could have been so good, my magic would have impressed the householder and if they rejected the message, I would have use my warrior skills to eliminate them.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sparlock warned me not to get baptised 50 years ago.

Listen to Sparlock kids. He is our friend

• Room 215
    Room 215

This fiasco is another of the unintended effects of the WTBTS's recent turning inward to focus on indoctrinating/inoculating its initiated, uncritical masses in favor of its public ministry.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" My Sparlock was my draft excluder, which happened to be a 2ft green stuffed snake from Ikea......it freaked out an elder and his wife, and they told me it may be not such a good idea to have it in the house on account of the evil connitations.......I was 39 at the time. Massive FAIL! hahahaha"

LoL, We had that snake too! Tell me you didn't throw it out.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks for the explanations everyone I didn't have a clue thought it was another off the boards fetish discussions. How happy that made up child was to pretend belief in a piece of colorfull plastic. How sad to learn that his new best buddy was evil. The WTBTS is clueless about children. The Mom was hot though ( I've got to get a life).

Some of my best childhood memories are going to the movies (25 cents) in an air conditioned theater sipping a coke and munching on popcorn to see Abbot and Costello meet the Vampire, Frankenstein or the Wolfman et al.

The Thing From Outer Space at age 7 in a theater of screaming kids.....priceless.

This was of course before we became witnesses.

• DT
    DT

"I'm officially advocating that we make Sparlock our version of the Flying Spaghetti Monster."

Yes, an excellent idea.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

As a fellow 'oldie', I get it. I've only watched the short clip involving the Sparlock wizard... and where he gets tossed, but have an observation on the whole new concept of releasing a DVD with a 'cartoon' on it for the kiddies.

Are they (WTBTS) f'n nuts????!!!!????

That has to be the most amateur attempt at a video I've ever seen. I mean, way back in the late 90's when the Amiga computer was on the market, I watched animations that were 1000% better than this piece of crap (POC)! - and that was almost 20 years ago!!!

I'm sure that the 'powers that be' in Brooklyn (or wherever they call 'home' these days) are patting themselves on the back for a job well done. They're embracing new technologies, using animation to get their message out there to the masses.Of course, they probably think that this POC cartoon is 'state of the art' quality, too - especially since the last cartoons that they watched were Bugs Bunny WWII era cartoons!

I'm also sure that some pimply-faced kid that is new to bethell is walking a bit taller since he conned the powers that be into allowing his 'expert' skills to be used to produce this POC. (My apologies to those youngsters that may have acne - I don't mean to offend.)

Are they that short of 'volunteers' to play-act? Or did they let them all go in the last down-sizing?

Did I mention that I think the video is a POC?

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. My apologies in advance - I don't mean to hijack the original topic of this thread.

• InterestedOne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit